Floor base for carpet

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
I am looking for source where I can get a nice floor standing speaker base to raise the speaker off of carpet. I could always make my own but time doesn't allow this. These particular speakers are bottom ported. The port rest right above the carpet. Even with the spiked feet the carpet is close, and I want them to be able to breath better. I tried a big 24x24 ceramic tile, but it didn't seem stable enough for me. Let me know if there are good sources out there. Not looking for anything fancy either.
Thanks

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
Seems like a hunk of tile that big would solve the issue and be stable, but maybe the carpet needs more weight like the carpet did in my old house It was a new house and my speakers were "tippy' and with larger puppies getting bigger and more active every day, I kind of wanted to solve it. I ended up going to the local monument place and I got two hunks of almost matching granite polished on one side, and with messed up engraving (They spelled the dead people's names wrong) on the other. They were about 2" bigger than the speakers were and weighed a LOT. Worked great. and when I moved into another house, I ended up using them for a turntable and CD player base with some cushioned feet I bought someplace in Columbus, OH.. I tossed them when I moved or I would send them to you just for shipping to try out. It wouldn't have been cheap though to ship 180+ pounds of stone.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Check out Soundocity. You can buy two pair of outriggers, put them on a wood platform like a cutting board from Webstaurant, and boom, stable base with a great surface to be the first point of contact for down firing ports. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis