Flat vs. Standard Speaker Cable

W

warnerwh

Full Audioholic
briansmith said:
This cable can be viewed at http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KASA10BK

Seems unusually cheap for what it offers. What effect (if any) will silver plated copper wire have on measurements? Secondly, PE is close to Teflon?

-Brian
Brian: I owned the same pair of 12 gauge with pvc insulation for quite a few years, the copper oxidized and the insulation became discolored and brittle. Silver plated, even if it oxidizes will still conduct fine. The PE insulation will last a long long time. As for PE being close dielectric measurements to teflon I threw that in there as the DH labs the guy is considering advertises teflon dielectric. Do a Google on dielectric absorption and you will find that PE is very good. You'll never hear a difference but the PE is superior to pvc as it will not change over time due to ozone etc or turn the copper green. Home depot 12 ga. zip will work as well and is cheaper. It will last for years too but I don't like to see copper turning green inside my speaker cables so I will not use that budget stuff again.Two bucks a foot is cheap enough to not worry about. That's why I recommended the inexpensive Knukonceptz cable. 12 ga. is 1.49 a foot. I suspect most of us can afford that and it will sound as good as any 100.00 a foot cable, maybe better if you run it down a hose and then wrap that in techflex!

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Leprkon said:
and besides, we all know you can use those silver wires to strangle any werewolves who invade your home while you were watching Lord of the Rings... and you can't do that with plain old MONSTER cable...

sounds like it's worth the $ 10,000 investment to me... :D

am I going too far in using the same joke twice ? does it still count as another post ??

Thre short paras should count as three posts:)

I just hope that silver plated wire has enough silver to be effective against the werewolves :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis