Flagship Blade and Reference Speakers With Metamaterial Absorption Technology

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
First employed in KEF’s popular LS50 Meta, Metamaterial Absorption Technology has made its way into the company’s high-end offerings. The new Blade One Meta ($35,000/pair) and Blade Two Meta ($28,000/pair) pack all of KEF’s latest technology into the brand’s most striking, cutting-edge products. The new Reference Meta speakers add MAT to a full range of high-performance stereo and home theater speakers.

meta.jpg

Read: KEF Metamaterial Absorption Tech in Blade & Reference Speakers

S

ScrubbBussy

Enthusiast
I feel a $15,000 set of speakers and $10,000 of room treatment would be superior for most people. However, most people aren't buying $30k speakers, most people aren't even buying cars worth that much.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I feel a $15,000 set of speakers and $10,000 of room treatment would be superior for most people. However, most people aren't buying $30k speakers, most people aren't even buying cars worth that much.
There's a Lot of Rich and Wealthy people in this country and around the world. That's a whole other upper end of this hobby. As time goes by, we on the lower end of this hobby get the trickle down technology from those higher end speaker makers.

K

kini

Full Audioholic
The average price for a new car is north of 45K. Most people spend more that 30K for a car. As for speakers, not so much. But if there weren't a market for them Kef and others would stop making them.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
On the subject of Hi-end speakers Consider the newly introduced Magico M Pro series.
Will be considered a classic, and because only 50 pairs were built, Probably all sold prier to construction being completed
Do your own research with regard to price.

J

John Griffith 1512

Audiophyte
I have the new Blade 2’s and they are incredible speakers. They take a lot of power to drive them but they soundstage perfectly.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I own the just-previous generation Reference 1. I've been to the KEF headquarters in Marlboro township New Jersey and heard the new Blade 1 Meta in their stunning KEF Music Lounge. They are indeed, incredible. My situation is that the ones I own are SO good, and the room they're in is also incredibly good, so I cannot justify taking a bath on the sale of my current speakers just to get (what I feel is) a slight improvement in certain areas of treble.

Of note is that I previously owned both original LS50 and LS50 Meta pairs at the same time. There the difference also was very subtle. I couldn't play them back-to-back and level-matched, so my analysis is even more subjective but if one can own the Meta version of any of them, I would.

J

John Griffith 1512

Audiophyte
I own the just-previous generation Reference 1. I've been to the KEF headquarters in Marlboro township New Jersey and heard the new Blade 1 Meta in their stunning KEF Music Lounge. They are indeed, incredible. My situation is that the ones I own are SO good, and the room they're in is also incredibly good, so I cannot justify taking a bath on the sale of my current speakers just to get (what I feel is) a slight improvement in certain areas of treble.

Of note is that I previously owned both original LS50 and LS50 Meta pairs at the same time. There the difference also was very subtle. I couldn't play them back-to-back and level-matched, so my analysis is even more subjective but if one can own the Meta version of any of them, I would.
The meta upgrade on the blades was a lot more than the disc. I have a friend who upgraded the Ref 1’s and loves the new speakers but he was able to sell the prior ones. If I had the non meta ones I would be looking to upgrade the amp and the source first.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
The meta upgrade on the blades was a lot more than the disc. I have a friend who upgraded the Ref 1’s and loves the new speakers but he was able to sell the prior ones. If I had the non meta ones I would be looking to upgrade the amp and the source first.
I am not one of deep pockets. My Luxman integrated amp, 2 turntables, and digital music system is staying as is for probably the remainder of my life.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
There's a Lot of Rich and Wealthy people in this country and around the world. That's a whole other upper end of this hobby. As time goes by, we on the lower end of this hobby get the trickle down technology from those higher end speaker makers.
Or we can buy their used gear as they "upgrade" endlessly.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis