Fit to screen/Keystone?

Pwaynez

Pwaynez

Enthusiast
Is there a feature that once I set up my PJ and the screen if it doesn't quite fill the screen or is too large that will allow me to to adjust the image to perfectly fit a PJ screen? Looking between the BenQ HT2050A and the BenQ HT3050. One has both vertical and horizontal keystone the other has just vertical I believe. I watched some videos on keystone which seems to correct image in ways but not sure if this really "fits to screen" or not. If this is not the case, is there a PJ feature that does this that I should be looking for in a PJ?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think most people avoid keystone.

Instead, they use the vertical and horizontal LENS SHIFT and ZOOM.

The higher-end projectors like JVC will have power/motorized (instead of manual) lens shift, zoom, and memory to store different screen sizes.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Projectors should be placed where the lens demands that they be placed at all times. This can be tricky to accomplish, but is there some reason why you think that this is something that you will not be able to accomplish?

The lens should be dead center to the screen. If you are off by an inch, with a good screen, you won't notice.

The lens of the HT2050a should be about 3-6 inches above the top of most screens (shoot for 4 inches) and centered on screen.

There is no reason with a good projector mount, and a good tape measure, that there would be any issues doing the installation properly and getting the projector mounted exactly where it needs to go and at the proper height.

Most people have said that the 2050 is the better choice over the 3050. No way I would spend the money on the 3050.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis