Fisher CA-885 Integrated amplifier.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
This is sort of like a review, then sort of not a review. Confused? I know I am too.

I got this beast of an amp from a pawn shop in Ft. Wayne for right around $25 dollars which isn't bad in terms in Blue Book values, but it has great potential as an insanely cheap solution to gobs of power.

Here is the front of the unit-

It has wattage output indicators and a few other common features found on integrated amplifiers. The digital volume control isn't bad, though clicks can be heard when adjusting it.

The back panel-

As you can see it has a decent amount of inputs. Looking at the input power one could conclude that it has a significant amount of power. It was designed to be used with a system. It has remote connectors and a specialized power connector for the other parts.

This is the back without the heatsink cover-

There are 4 large transistors mounted to the bottom of the heatsink, but they are hard to get to and look at so I didn't take any pictures of that.

The next post will include picture of the Fisher amp without it's top cover.

Last edited:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Here is an aerial image of the amplifier without the cover-

It isn't the best layout ever, but it is still pretty good. The power supply is enormous as are the capacitors, but they are older less efficient capacitors manufactured by Fisher, it is Japanese.:D

Closer image to the caps-

Next is the fuses-

Top view of transformer-

Side view of transformer-

The capacitor values are 10,000 uF, input wattage 700 watts, this thing is just awesome.

Last edited:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
no. 5 said:
two 10,000 uF caps, that's as much as my Teac. :cool:
You should start a thread about your system and how it came to be. I looked up your Teac amplifier, it looks very nice.:D

no. 5

no. 5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Seth=L said:
You should start a thread about your system and how it came to be.
someday I'll do a thread about my systems, with pic's and stories (hopefuly soon).
Seth=L said:
I looked up your Teac amplifier, it looks very nice.:D
it is. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis