First pic of the new room

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Installed the Marantz AV7705 today, after the Emotiva MC700 died for the second time. WOW, Multi-EQ XT made a very noticeable difference. I've been missing out lol. I also found that my HDR issue with the PS5 was the Emotiva, not my TV. As soon as I fired it up with the Marantz, it popped up with the HDR adjustments automatically. I also was able to move to balanced cables for all channels.

I'll have to find a new pic hosting service one of these days.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Installed the Marantz AV7705 today, after the Emotiva MC700 died for the second time. WOW, Multi-EQ XT made a very noticeable difference. I've been missing out lol. I also found that my HDR issue with the PS5 was the Emotiva, not my TV. As soon as I fired it up with the Marantz, it popped up with the HDR adjustments automatically. I also was able to move to balanced cables for all channels.

I'll have to find a new pic hosting service one of these days.
Nice, but you have XT32 (a difference from XT in a good way)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Nice, but you have XT32 (a difference from XT in a good way)
Yeah, left out the 32. End result though, it works really well :cool: Have already thrown some favorite movie and BD concerts on to see how they sound. It seems to have toned the bass down, but the overall presentation is clean and clear. I am going back and forth with dynamic EQ as to whether I like it or not.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I didn't use DEQ at first, but then I did... Now I'm considering killing it again. For most music, I find the bass too much, but for electronica and Movies, it's great. *shrugs
I think after I use that latest Audyssey video that Gene did with (Poes or Grimani?) I'm half expecting to get things better set up.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I didn't use DEQ at first, but then I did... Now I'm considering killing it again. For most music, I find the bass too much, but for electronica and Movies, it's great. *shrugs
I think after I use that latest Audyssey video that Gene did with (Poes or Grimani?) I'm half expecting to get things better set up.
Do you adjust the RLO for music?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I haven't played with it, really. But I also felt Aud had the bass too hot when I wasn't using DEQ. *shrugs
de
Some people are just never happy.
:p
That's what RLO can adjust for music, default is standardized movies....

ps now I reread and maybe you just like bass on the light side....I forgot.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I like my bass not to be overdone for music too. I think it does sound better for music with DEQ off, but bass became lighter for me. Only did one music test though and that was a DTS HD MA track. Need more time with it, normally music is what I use to check and dial in, then crank the bass up a bit for movies.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
One of my yardsticks is whether upright bass in a small jazz combo vibrates my @$$. Frankly, I've never had that experience in real life, even standing next to the bass player jamming as hard as he could. ;)

I'm really looking forward to the possibilities where multiple settings can be stored, say one for music and one for HT, all at the push of a single button. I know some of the newer AVRs are supposed to be able to save 2 different profiles...
Will be interesting to see what comes of the 2022 upgrades and whether they will address/fix the existing problems.

Regardless, @j_garcia , have you played with the Aud App yet? It's a little clunky, especially if trying to edit the curve on a phone, but it does give some advantages over just using the on-board Audyssey correction. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
One of my yardsticks is whether upright bass in a small jazz combo vibrates my @$$. Frankly, I've never had that experience in real life, even standing next to the bass player jamming as hard as he could. ;)

I'm really looking forward to the possibilities where multiple settings can be stored, say one for music and one for HT, all at the push of a single button. I know some of the newer AVRs are supposed to be able to save 2 different profiles...
Will be interesting to see what comes of the 2022 upgrades and whether they will address/fix the existing problems.

Regardless, @j_garcia , have you played with the Aud App yet? It's a little clunky, especially if trying to edit the curve on a phone, but it does give some advantages over just using the on-board Audyssey correction. :)
Have not tried the app, probably get around to it. I like to live with it for a few days until I get a feel for what calibrated sounds like and then tweak to my liking. That tends to be more around the bass than anything. As a whole, it sounds pretty good right now.

I started with the cal level for the sub from the Emo. The first thing Audessey said was "Your sub is too loud".

It is interesting what it did for the surrounds. They are a bit too loud for my liking, but they actually feel more integrated with the sound. Meaning I hear part of the front sound coming from them, sort of like reflections in a venue, which creates a very cohesive effect. That is likely due to the multi-location calibration, and I think due to that, I also have a slightly elevated image. The sound seems to come slightly higher up in the room, if that makes sense? I used the same stand for the mic (an old adjustable speaker stand that I was going to toss lol).

I am looking to add some Atmos speakers now that I have the capability, so no doubt I will be running it again and trying the app.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Have not tried the app, probably get around to it. I like to live with it for a few days until I get a feel for what calibrated sounds like and then tweak to my liking. That tends to be more around the bass than anything. As a whole, it sounds pretty good right now.

I started with the cal level for the sub from the Emo. The first thing Audessey said was "Your sub is too loud".

It is interesting what it did for the surrounds. They are a bit too loud for my liking, but they actually feel more integrated with the sound. Meaning I hear part of the front sound coming from them, sort of like reflections in a venue, which creates a very cohesive effect. That is likely due to the multi-location calibration, and I think due to that, I also have a slightly elevated image. The sound seems to come slightly higher up in the room, if that makes sense? I used the same stand for the mic (an old adjustable speaker stand that I was going to toss lol).

I am looking to add some Atmos speakers now that I have the capability, so no doubt I will be running it again and trying the app.
I almost feel the ability to set a curtain on correction frequency and to turn off the mid-range compensation is worth the $20 alone.
*shrugs

Getting the ability to shape the curve, or tweak-out hard with Ratbudyssey, seems like a bonus.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis