Firestick, AVR, Ethernet Connection

J

jrw1999

Audiophyte
I have an Onkyo AVR with a Firestick connected to it. I currently use WiFi for streaming purposes, but I want to connect the Firestick directly to the router with an Ethernet cable so I have a stable connection. I have tried the same Ethernet adapter I use to directly connect a Firestick to other TVs, but I cannot get it to work going through the receiver. Am I spinning my wheels here, or is this possible?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Doubt your router can handle that but staying tuned....

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
This works on my Firestick plugged directly into my Pioneer, and it is plugged into my Xfinity modem/router...works fine. Gives me a steady 400mb.

J

jrw1999

Audiophyte
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Officially, only Fire TV Cube supports ethernet. Either improve your Wi-Fi speeds and/or connection quality or get a device that officially supports ethernet (like Fire Cube TV). Or even better, spend a few extra dollars on Shield TV:

Last edited:
P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
This is the one I tried (with a OTG cable):

It works on my other TVs (that are not plugged into a receiver).
If it does not say it is compatible with the Fire TV stick then it may not work. The one I linked is compatible for sure, and it is cheaper than the Ungreen one you link, give it a try. If not it is easy to return such an item.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
If it does not say it is compatible with the Fire TV stick then it may not work. The one I linked is compatible for sure, and it is cheaper than the Ungreen one you link, give it a try. If not it is easy to return such an item.
It does say it supports Fire TV stick, but only certain models. OP make sure yours is listed on this chart:

Otherwise, see my previous post.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis