Fiona Apple Talks New Album, Finally.

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
This is exciting. She is very talented.

Seems to fight many personal struggles, sadly.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Hmmm. An artist... talented... personal struggles...

Never heard of such a thing.

:p

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Nice. Kinda safe, though... I'm certain that makes her agent and the record company happy. :) Still, excited to hear more!!! :D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Nice. Kinda safe, though... I'm certain that makes her agent and the record company happy. :) Still, excited to hear more!!! :D
Beginning sound a bit like Street of Philadelphia by Bruce. It's a band called The Waterboys cover. Never heard of them.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Is this like my TOOL thread and it's been 13 years since she's released an album? lol

I have a confession to make... I've never listened to Fiona Apple. If you wanted to introduce someone to her music for the first time which song would you suggest?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Wow. Granted, I know you like it on the heavier side... and Tool she ain't. ;)

Not one of her classics, but this is a favorite from her first album:

I used this for some of my speaker auditions... great cut:

And just 'cos things are better in 3's... :) I always dug the quasi-hip-hop juxtaposition on this:

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Is this like my TOOL thread and it's been 13 years since she's released an album? lol

I have a confession to make... I've never listened to Fiona Apple. If you wanted to introduce someone to her music for the first time which song would you suggest?
Her first has jazz pop elements. The 2nd is more popish with some rock elements. She only recorded 4 album's so far with the fifth one soon. I think you would like her 2nd its called When The Pawn(it's my fav.) It's a great fun record with headphones. Her recordings are top notch with any release. She releases a record every 7-8 years.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Fiona Apple announced music release date:

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
3 more days to go. :p:eek:o_O:cool:I see nothing on amazon yet. Hopefully they will put out a cd/vinyl version as well. I’m surprised JG hasn’t commented on this thread yet.

jcrowde3

jcrowde3

Junior Audioholic
This will be a ray of sunlight for my wife in the darkness that has descended this past month. Fiona Apple has been her favorite artist since she was young. We went to see her in concert in Cincinnati after the Idler Wheel album was released. She was an hour late coming on stage, but no one said a word, I guess that's the kind of fans she has. So glad to see her back at it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis