Finally ordered a 6700h!!

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Just bought the last 6700h World Wide Stereo had. It’s refurbished, but so was the 3300w and 4300h I previously upgraded from and both of those AVR’s are still going strong with heavy daily use from their new owners. I was able to get it for $1912 shipped with tax! All of the other open box or refurbs are $2100-$2600 and I’ve had solid experiences with WWS in the past. I’m absolutely thrilled to send my worthless Emotiva Bas-X MC1 back, while I do like the six Emo A1 height layer speakers I’ve been running and their amps perform as they should, I’ll never purchase an integral component of my home theater from them again.
5FAA1C87-F56A-4068-882A-42505A55DD9A.png

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Just bought the last 6700h World Wide Stereo had. It’s refurbished, but so was the 3300w and 4300h I previously upgraded from and both of those AVR’s are still going strong with heavy daily use from their new owners. I was able to get it for $1912 shipped with tax! All of the other open box or refurbs are $2100-$2600 and I’ve had solid experiences with WWS in the past. I’m absolutely thrilled to send my worthless Emotiva Bas-X MC1 back, while I do like the six Emo A1 height layer speakers I’ve been running and their amps perform as they should, I’ll never purchase an integral component of my home theater from them again. View attachment 55813
Very nice! You picked it up at a nice price!! 140 X 2 into 8 Ohms. Up to 13 channels that's a lot of AVR for the coin. Congratulations. Of course we going to want photos and your thoughts.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Of course! I can’t freaking wait. I’m so excited to go back to a Denon I don’t even care about spending another $200 on Multi-EQ X for the 3rd time in the last year haha.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Of course! I can’t freaking wait. I’m so excited to go back to a Denon I don’t even care about spending another $200 on Multi-EQ X for the 3rd time in the last year haha.
Congrats on the new Rig. Shouldn't Multi-EQ X for the 3rd time in the last year get you a lifetime account?

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
All power to you, with your new purchase. And may i say a great price. congrat's

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks man! I’ll definitely post my thoughts once it arrives this week and I get it setup
Are you going to try asking if Audyssey would transfer your X license to the 6700? They may make an exception in this case because you only just bought it.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Are you going to try asking if Audyssey would transfer your X license to the 6700? They may make an exception in this case because you only just bought it.
That’s actually a solid idea, I’ll email them this morning

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
So after having owned a half dozen Denon’s here’s my amateur comparisons between the Emotiva MC1 and Denon x6700h.

Denon, has MultiEQ X (for $199.99 if you’re so inclined and I’ve found it highly useful but even so if that’s out of your budget the $19.99 EQ editor app is also phenomenal when used in conjunction with Ratbuddy) it has 7 HDMI 2.0B inputs and one HDMI 2.1 input, the GUI is streamlined and easy to navigate. Constant firmware updates. When I power it on, it works. All the time.

Emotiva, has Emo Q which is a single point measurement Room PEQ system where mounting the mic isn’t an option and they recommend you hold it in your hand. Has 6 HDMI 2.0b inputs and an e-ARC output (which is what I used). E-ARC output only works when you least expect it. No firmware updates since it’s release. Likes to get stuck in a boot loop every few days. Doesn’t work when I power it on every time. Is the worlds most uneconomical paper weight at $999.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
36393430-51C0-4AA2-965A-F4C96783E38A.jpeg

Man it’s nice to be back to a processor that actually works. I’m using it in preamp 13.2 mode since I have the external amps. Updating to the newest firmware and than running my first EQ-X cal. Very pleased with it as I knew I would be, I learned a valuable lesson over the last few weeks. Listen to your gut, when I ordered the MC1, A6 and A3 it cost me almost the same amount as I ended up getting the 6700h for and in the back of my mind I was telling myself “Just order the Denon, you know they’re good quality and you’ve had plenty of them.” But instead I tried to go the budget Pre/Pro separates route and it ended as horribly as I feared it would.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
31F2609E-DBB2-421F-AB9C-E1BFBFC0A9E7.jpeg

Did the DTS:X Pro firmware update. The few iMAX DTS:X UHD discs I own output audio to all 6 height layer speakers. Sorry for the constant posts I’m just ecstatic to have a reliable and functioning AVR!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis