Fill Up your Cars NOW !!!!

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Anyone that has an empty tank, and needs gas should fill up their cars and any extra cans you have laying around... Hurricane Ike has prompted the pre planning of the oil companies and I am getting prelim news in that gas will be going up like (hold on to your butts !!) up to 70 cents...

Just thought I would give you guys a heads up...

****Edit*****
Didn't see "The Dukesters" post there... but its coming anyways..

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Up to 70 cents, I wish gas was that cheap.;)

I was going to go home this weekend, but in lew of the prices I opted to just stay at my shack.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Filled up at 6:45 am CDT and all pumps had lines 2 cars long. On my way home from work a local Exxon had lines 5-6 cars long. I guess everyone's trying to fill up before Ike hits.

majorloser

majorloser

Hell, it cost me $95 to fill up my truck on Monday. I have 50 gallons of gas can sitting around in case of hurricanes. I just can't afford to fill them or run the generator, even if I needed it.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hell, it cost me $95 to fill up my truck on Monday. I have 50 gallons of gas can sitting around in case of hurricanes. I just can't afford to fill them or run the generator, even if I needed it.
Ouch Major, how big is your tank? Dang, I been complaining as it cost me about $40 this afternoon. If it was $95, I would have had a massive coronary. :eek::eek:

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
26 gallons :(
Wow, that is a big tank. It would make me sick too. What kind of mileage do you get? My old car gets about 22 city and a bit better on the road, provided I keep it at 65 MPH. Sometimes, that is hard to do......LOL!!!! :p:p

Cheers,

Phil

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
ARRRG! I am in the middle of it :(

Filling my gas tank is the least of my worries. Just finished putting plylox and plywood up on the house and moving all loose stuff into the garage. At a minimum we are supposod to get 70 mph winds and 12 inches of rain. Still have power and plenty of food and asmallgenrator with 25 gallons gas.

Ike is coming directly too me !:eek::eek:

PLEASE WISH ME LUCK!:):)

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
Ouch, Midcow!!!:eek: Where do you live, near Houston? Bro, batten down the hattches, hunker down and stay safe! I'll pray for you and all the folks that will be affected by this in a much more serious way than gas prices. Still fuming (pun intended) about the gouging going on, though.:mad:

majorloser

majorloser

Filling my gas tank is the least of my worries. Just finished putting plylox and plywood up on the house and moving all loose stuff into the garage. At a minimum we are supposod to get 70 mph winds and 12 inches of rain. Still have power and plenty of food and asmallgenrator with 25 gallons gas.

You'll be alright! ;)

70 mph winds and 12" of rain is just a thunderstorm. Worst thing that can happen is a loss of electricity. Save the gas, though. A generator can burn through 25 gallons of gas FAST. And unless they have generators at the gas stations, it might take awhile to refill. And that's if they will accept credit cards and not "cash only". I ran the generator once a day, just to chill down the refridgerator. I burned about 5 gallons in 8 hours with my genset. Save the gas to get out of town!

I went down to South Florida when Wilma hit a couple years back. I took 30 gallons of gas to run my generator/chainsaw and a full tank of gas in my truck. I ended up having somebody meet me half way on I-95 on my trip back home since I couldn't get gas to get back home. Gas stations throughout Florida either had no gas or no electricity to pump gas. The state has since passed a law that all gas stations must have a backup generator.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord

Midcow,

If you had an SVS subwoofer. You wouldn't even know there was a storm outside. :eek: :D

Stay safe.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hey Mid we all hope you stay safe. My prayers will go out with all of my might. Looks like Galveston is really getting it as we speak. There has been some 15-20' foot surges. This is scary. Good luck my friend.

Cheers,

Phil

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I hope you stabilized the fuel in that tank, otherwise it's no good now.

SheepStar

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
Hang in there Cow! Stay safe...looking forward to hearing about your experience getting through this.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Looks like that storm beat them up pretty good last night. Midcow is most likely without power.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Looks like that storm beat them up pretty good last night. Midcow is most likely without power.
Without power? The midnight cowboy? He's an audioholic, my good man. He might be rockin' five generators right now, but I'm sure he's got his system up and running. :)

annunaki

annunaki

Do understand that that is exactly what oil companies want us to do, panic. They want you to run out fill up everything you have and create an artificially higher demand. Higher than what it would be if the refineries were down for a week or so.

I say stay home, don't follow the hype, and let it play out. Considering how much oil companies advertise with mainstream media outlets, they have a definite interest to hype it up as well. Makes sense to me.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis