Fellas, I just ordered a new Corvette.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Now I'm a bundle of nervous excitement. In about 6 weeks, I will take delivery of an '08 Corvette Coupe in silver w/gray leather. The only option I ordered was the automatic transmission. It is intended to be a nice cruiser, not a drag car or autocrosser, so sorry to the 6-speed aficionados out there. It's gonna be sweet.:D
Dave where is all this money coming from:eek:? I just checked out the OLG results and no big winners in the Windsor area:p. If I didn't know better it looks like the childrens inheritance is taking a beating:D. JK

Congrats on your new toy!!

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
Way to go, Dave! Man, I love Corvettes. I wish I could afford one, but it would be tough. I would have to drive it everyday. It's a little too flashy for a sales car:cool: Kind of hard to take the gang out for lunch, too. Guess I'll stick with my four door truck and Impala. I'm jealous, but very happy for you!!;)

kurtkrum

kurtkrum

Audioholic Intern
Congrats on your new ride! Great car. My brother has a C5 and I love driving it, and from what I have heard the C6s are unbelievable.

I got my first sports car about 4 months ago and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner...

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Awesome Dave, you're in for a super treat. :) I had the opportunity to drive one of the new '08's not long ago, and man..... whew. Check this out:

We took it down to a track near Fort Meyers a couple weekends ago - my boss sponsors an Indy racing team, so he had an Indy driver take her out on the track - got up to 140 mph on the straightaway before having to slow down for the turn - and it still had plenty to give too.

I managed to get her up to 90 mph from 30 in about 2 seconds on some back roads. Sheer brute force this thing... :D
Oddly enough, I haven't driven a Corvette in a while. The last time was probably '03. I had the chance to drive an '08 Z06 back in January, but I declined due to the weather. No test drive is necessary for me. I had the LS1 Camaro SS and drove both an LS6 Vette and CTS-V. I'm sure the LS3 is every bit as good or better than those.

I am planning on buying the 67' Stingray that I used for my wedding when my buddies dad sells it... Thing was restored off frame from the ground up. 18K original miles...
:eek::eek::eek:$$$

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Dave where is all this money coming from:eek:? I just checked out the OLG results and no big winners in the Windsor area:p. If I didn't know better it looks like the childrens inheritance is taking a beating:D. JK

Congrats on your new toy!!
This is a source of great anxiety for me given the current economy, especially in light of McGuinty's seemingly total absence of economic knowledge and Spanky as finance minister. Ontario's economy could be in for a very rough ride if these jokers don't deliver a business friendly budget. Honestly, I've had butterflies in my stomach ever since I signed the papers. It's a huge obligation that's not made any easier by having a Liberal gov't that refuses to address Ontario's fundamental economic weaknesses. I feel like I'm gambling on whether I will still be employed three years from now and it's a source of great stress.

I don't worry about my kid's inheritance. I hope they die of old age and I intend to outlive them!:D

race4aliving

race4aliving

Audioholic
Congrats Dave, Excellent choice. I hope you went for the Bose upgrade;)
Load up the bags and take a nice drive to Banif.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I've run into a potential glitch in this deal. I am using my grandfather's employee/retiree plan and I'm having trouble getting a PIN number. Grampa's getting on in years and may not be able to provide the documentation that GM requires for the program, at least not before the current incentives expire. Without the employee price and the incentive financing, the deal will exceed my comfort level, vis-a-vis payment levels. I feel bad enough troubling him already and I don't want to pester him or become a genuine nuisance trying to meet GM's program requirements in time. I have until the 31st to gather the info and get the PIN number, otherwise the deal cannot happen.

BTW, Grampa is a WWII RAF veteran who became a Japanese POW when his plane crashed into the sea. He is a dear, sweet old man and a gentleman of the highest caliber. He is more than happy to help, but I don't want to cause and difficulty for him.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Simple update. I got word today that my Corvette has been built and just needs to be shipped from the factory to my dealer. Way to much excitement going on over here.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Simple update. I got word today that my Corvette has been built and just needs to be shipped from the factory to my dealer. Way to much excitement going on over here.
Post pics! What color is it?

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Can't post pics yet. As far as I know it's still in Bowling Green, Kentucky. But it's a silver coupe with grey leather and a 6 speed paddle shift automatic so my wife can drive it, too. Pics upon arrival.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis