Fellas, I just ordered a new Corvette.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Now I'm a bundle of nervous excitement. In about 6 weeks, I will take delivery of an '08 Corvette Coupe in silver w/gray leather. The only option I ordered was the automatic transmission. It is intended to be a nice cruiser, not a drag car or autocrosser, so sorry to the 6-speed aficionados out there. It's gonna be sweet.:D

Matt34

Matt34

Now I'm a bundle of nervous excitement. In about 6 weeks, I will take delivery of an '08 Corvette Coupe in silver w/gray leather. The only option I ordered was the automatic transmission. It is intended to be a nice cruiser, not a drag car or autocrosser, so sorry to the 6-speed aficionados out there. It's gonna be sweet.:D
Why didn't you hold out for the $110k Blue Devil?:p

Congrats on a purchasing a great automobile!!

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
WOW! Vettes and babes in Victoria's Secret goodies. You are indeed living the life, Dave McC! ;)

Congrats! I know you'll be tempted to ... uh ...test it out ... but no speeding tickets...okay?!

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks Matt.

I have been holding out a long time to get in the position to get the Z-06, but the process has been excruciatingly slow. I really needed to get something a little more exciting to drive before I died of boredom. Neither my Focus nor my Town Car are all that exciting.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
WOW! Vettes and babes in Victoria's Secret goodies. You are indeed living the life, Dave McC! ;)

Congrats! I know you'll be tempted to ... uh ...test it out ... but no speeding tickets...okay?!
Speeding tickets? I'm more worried they would seize the car under Ontario's new street racing laws. That's one of the reasons for not getting the 6-speed manual, less incentive to drive like speed racer. It's low and slow for me nowadays, but with style. It does seem like a charmed life, but the anxiety of paying for it all keeps me grounded.:eek:

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I'm a Mustang guy, so I automatically hate you.

J/K

Nice car. Enjoy.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I'm a Mustang guy, so I automatically hate you.

J/K

Nice car. Enjoy.
Thanks, no need for hatin'. I've had at least six Mustangs including an '01 Cobra that I bought new. My kid's just finishing a track-only 351W powered notchback. I like the Mustangs too, but being on the Dark Side has it's benefits.:D

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Welcome to the club, as a former Vette owner I highly recommend you find a club in your neck of the woods and get ready for some great times, slaloms, cruising and just hanging around with vette-heads. I once owned a brand-spanking new '81, white exterior with red leather, t-tops, auto, L-48....nice looking car, but back then quality was sorely lacking and after many battles with the infamous C3 (Computer Command Control), I gave up after 9000+/- miles and traded it in on a '82 Datsun 280ZX. Congrats Dave, I'll burn a couple of choice CDs and send them your way, music for cruisn'.:D

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks Strat,
I already know a bunch of GM enthusiasts around here from my Camaro days. Some of those guys have awesome rides and are running in the 9's. We do have a huge enthusiast following here with cruise nights every week. One thing for sure, I'll gladly accept some cruising music CD's from you. I certainly appreciate your taste in music.

One side effect of this new purchase is that my audio spending will come to a near complete halt, at least for a while.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
If it's not a 66 327 it's not exactly.:D Congratulations anyway.
I do know a guy who still has an all original 327 'Vette that he bought new, but I think his is a '65. Sweet ride, but I think I'll make due with a new one.:D

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I know the classics hold a certain appeal, but there's nothing like modern tech, especially automotive tech, which in my opinion hasn't had a leap in over 100 years, we should already have an alternative power plant, internal combustion engine tech is over a century old.:eek:

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
You didn't get a Z06 right? There isn't an automatic for the Z06.

SheepStar

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Awesome, you will love it.

I have never really had a Vette unless you count the 75 pro-mod I had a few years back which had zero original parts.

The Wife wants one but she will have to wait.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
You didn't get a Z06 right? There isn't an automatic for the Z06.

SheepStar
No, it's the base coupe. I just figured it would take to long for me to be in a position to get the Z06. It is still a 6.2L, 430hp LS3 that GM is claiming a 12.4 sec. 1/4 mile for. I got it with the 6-speed paddle shift automatic so my wife can drive it comfortably. The only really sucky part of the auto is that it comes with a 2.56 final drive ratio, but the 4.03 first gear ratio should compensate for that. Even being the base coupe, it's still got more power than the last Z06 I drove in '03.:cool:

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Awesome Dave, you're in for a super treat. :) I had the opportunity to drive one of the new '08's not long ago, and man..... whew. Check this out:

We took it down to a track near Fort Meyers a couple weekends ago - my boss sponsors an Indy racing team, so he had an Indy driver take her out on the track - got up to 140 mph on the straightaway before having to slow down for the turn - and it still had plenty to give too.

I managed to get her up to 90 mph from 30 in about 2 seconds on some back roads. Sheer brute force this thing... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Awesome Dave, you're in for a super treat. :) I had the opportunity to drive one of the new '08's not long ago, and man..... whew. Check this out:

We took it down to a track near Fort Meyers a couple weekends ago - my boss sponsors an Indy racing team, so he had an Indy driver take her out on the track - got up to 140 mph on the straightaway before having to slow down for the turn - and it still had plenty to give too.

I managed to get her up to 90 mph from 30 in about 2 seconds on some back roads. Sheer brute force this thing... :D
There he is! Mr. Andretti himself straight out of Florida!

Last edited by a moderator:
jinjuku

jinjuku

I am planning on buying the 67' Stingray that I used for my wedding when my buddies dad sells it... Thing was restored off frame from the ground up. 18K original miles...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis