FedEx issues and non delivery from SVS

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
Fedex driver showed up on the property where I live with my package. Driver did not get out of truck to see an address that is on the opposite side of the building and is NOT visible from the street. My complex maintenance saw the truck on the property and checked the office for me to make sure the delivery was dropped off at the office instead. Clearly the driver neither made either attempt to deliver to office, or ask personnel for help to find the actual delivery address. This is NOT the first time either. I had a drug delivery with my medical condition that had to be delivered ASAP and was paid for ASAP delivery. Apparently a drug delivery was not a priority even though next day delivery was paid for. They attempted to tell me that they were going to deliver the following day. I had to let them know of the life threatening nature of their delay in that case. Thankfully this current delivery was not that, but a package weight of 65 pounds is enough for a delivery driver to be lazy. Must be nice to waste fuel. Notified the shipper of my experience.
Oh, here is the icing on the cake. This is the delivery times for Oct 13th when I was home. Fedex page showed the following information
Tuesday , 10/13/2020
8:25 pm Arrived at FedEx location
7:09 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery
7:03 am At local FedEx facility
1:07 am Arrived at FedEx location
The only way that there are two arrivals the same day is that the driver failed to deliver. I removed the city information but Fedex has that info anyway.

Oh, the answer is blithely we will deliver by the end of day tomorrow from a FedEx representative. No apologies or change in behavior. I am livid with this type of "customer nonservice" The package IMHO should be the first thing off the truck at the beginning of the day! Oh, and over the last decade this has been consistent behavior with them. I told them to get their house in order as this is not a Covid 19 issue!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So your address is not visible to a casual visitor to this "complex"? What is the nature of this complex....your screen name makes me wonder :) Good luck with the next delivery attempt!

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
Ok. Screen name is a reference to Hogans Heroes a TV show from back in the day. It is also my last name in the plural spelled backwards. Double meaning, no?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Fedex driver showed up on the property where I live with my package. Driver did not get out of truck to see an address that is on the opposite side of the building and is NOT visible from the street. My complex maintenance saw the truck on the property and checked the office for me to make sure the delivery was dropped off at the office instead. Clearly the driver neither made either attempt to deliver to office, or ask personnel for help to find the actual delivery address. This is NOT the first time either. I had a drug delivery with my medical condition that had to be delivered ASAP and was paid for ASAP delivery. Apparently a drug delivery was not a priority even though next day delivery was paid for. They attempted to tell me that they were going to deliver the following day. I had to let them know of the life threatening nature of their delay in that case. Thankfully this current delivery was not that, but a package weight of 65 pounds is enough for a delivery driver to be lazy. Must be nice to waste fuel. Notified the shipper of my experience.
Oh, here is the icing on the cake. This is the delivery times for Oct 13th when I was home. Fedex page showed the following information
Tuesday , 10/13/2020
8:25 pm Arrived at FedEx location
7:09 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery
7:03 am At local FedEx facility
1:07 am Arrived at FedEx location
The only way that there are two arrivals the same day is that the driver failed to deliver. I removed the city information but Fedex has that info anyway.

Oh, the answer is blithely we will deliver by the end of day tomorrow from a FedEx representative. No apologies or change in behavior. I am livid with this type of "customer nonservice" The package IMHO should be the first thing off the truck at the beginning of the day! Oh, and over the last decade this has been consistent behavior with them. I told them to get their house in order as this is not a Covid 19 issue!
If you need something so urgently and your address isn't easy to see, you could add instructions to the shipping info or call the shipper after it leaves the point of origin. You could also have it delivered at a Kinkos or other FedEx location and they don't charge extra for this- UPS stores DO charge for this. You can get alerts for the shipments, too- I usually get a text message.

BTW- addresses are supposed to be visible from the street. What's the point of having it if it can't be seen without going onto private property?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL I grew up on Hogan's Heroes....but name deciphering in my case is probably easier :)

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
FedEx finally delivered. Wow is this SB-3000 SVS speaker good!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis