Fed up with Netflix.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I believe it did.... All of a sudden no fuzzies. Which implies to me that they had the bandwidth all along. Unfortunately, by me the only other option is Centurylink, which I've subscribed to before and thought it was slower and less stable service. Plus I'm sure they're about to strike a similar deal with the Netflix.
Netflix streams on Comcast in Eagan, like it does on on Paul Bunyan Communications at the Lake.

Comcast execs should go to jail for extortion and racketeering!

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
Netflix streams on Comcast in Eagan, like it does on on Paul Bunyan Communications at the Lake.

Comcast execs should go to jail for extortion and racketeering!
I've actually been writing my congressional representatives about these issues. However, I'm not convinced they get it. Furthermore, I don't believe there's any difference between comcast and other providers (by me there's only one other provider, centurylink. All other providers use either comcast or centurylink, which means they're ultimately under their control).

The whole system is broke. Both providers by me are losing their TV broadcasting business with people pulling the plug - cable or satellite -and are trying to make up revenues to maintain their profits in the wake of losing business by price gauging.

I'm even dismayed on how the ISPs sell me internet service. What the heck does speeds up to XX mean? Obviously, if they're making deals with streaming service companies, we're not getting the service we think we are paying for. I really believe they should be selling me a statistical average speed which they HAVE to meet and appears on my bill with a discount when they don't meet it. Would we accept buying a car because it can get "up to" 100 mpg going downhill with a tailwind!?

Which brings me full circle - people (in general) don't understand the technology. I also agree it is a monopoly which needs to be broken up like Ma Bell....

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

I've actually been writing my congressional representatives about these issues. However, I'm not convinced they get it. Furthermore, I don't believe there's any difference between comcast and other providers (by me there's only one other provider, centurylink. All other providers use either comcast or centurylink, which means they're ultimately under their control).

The whole system is broke. Both providers by me are losing their TV broadcasting business with people pulling the plug - cable or satellite -and are trying to make up revenues to maintain their profits in the wake of losing business by price gauging.

I'm even dismayed on how the ISPs sell me internet service. What the heck does speeds up to XX mean? Obviously, if they're making deals with streaming service companies, we're not getting the service we think we are paying for. I really believe they should be selling me a statistical average speed which they HAVE to meet and appears on my bill with a discount when they don't meet it. Would we accept buying a car because it can get "up to" 100 mpg going downhill with a tailwind!?

Which brings me full circle - people (in general) don't understand the technology. I also agree it is a monopoly which needs to be broken up like Ma Bell....
All I can tell you is that during this throttling the quality between Benedict and Eagan was night and day. It was obvious there was something up in Eagan, but at Benedict it streamed perfectly.

highfigh

highfigh

How many devices in your house can stream video, and how many are streaming Netflix at any time? Is there any chance that someone else is streaming video or gaming when you want to watch Netflix?

Which model of Roku? Is it WiFi only, or does it have an ethernet port, too?

Broadband, U-Verse/DSL? WHat time of day is worst?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis