Feb 2019 Android TV update won't reboot

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
My 43" Sony X800E BRAVIA 4K Android TV is a pain in the rear! So frustrating.
In Dec 2018 the frustrating POS, or FPOS, automatically did an uninvited, not owner approved, Android software update. Then the FPOS appeared to no longer be able to receive over-the-air HDTV channels, because the update resets the TV back to Cable vice Antenna for deciphering channels.
I learned this the hard way after dragging the FPOS all the way back to a BB GeekS appointment (when did they become a doctor's office?)
Now, after the Feb 2019 update, like the title says, the FPOS won't reboot at all. It goes into an endless do loop of trying to update AGAIN.
A google search on the same yielded instructions to do a factory reset using the three very small buttons (from top to bottom: Vol up, PWR, Vol down) on the back of the TV. Link was:
https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00159906
So far tonight, the factory reset is in the same endless do loop. But as a bonus at least all apps, settings, and stored channels are now gone. And oh yes, the TV is defaulted back to cable again!! Thanks Sony/Android/Murphy for not just leaving well enough alone, you Clan of Clowns. ARGH!! (My inner pirate, venting steam)

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
My 43" Sony X800E BRAVIA 4K Android TV is a pain in the rear! So frustrating.
In Dec 2018 the frustrating POS, or FPOS, automatically did an uninvited, not owner approved, Android software update. Then the FPOS appeared to no longer be able to receive over-the-air HDTV channels, because the update resets the TV back to Cable vice Antenna for deciphering channels.
I learned this the hard way after dragging the FPOS all the way back to a BB GeekS appointment (when did they become a doctor's office?)
Now, after the Feb 2019 update, like the title says, the FPOS won't reboot at all. It goes into an endless do loop of trying to update AGAIN.
A google search on the same yielded instructions to do a factory reset using the three very small buttons (from top to bottom: Vol up, PWR, Vol down) on the back of the TV. Link was:
https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00159906
So far tonight, the factory reset is in the same endless do loop. But as a bonus at least all apps, settings, and stored channels are now gone. And oh yes, the TV is defaulted back to cable again!! Thanks Sony/Android/Murphy for not just leaving well enough alone, you Clan of Clowns. ARGH!! (My inner pirate, venting steam)

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
That sucks. My 700D just did an update without any issues. Sad to say that too many companies that modify Android too much end up with crap like this. Hardware manufacturers tend to make shitty software in my experience. Specifically A/V hardware.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis