Favorite DVD-A Titles?

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
<font color='#000000'>Hi All
Out of the many DVD-A titles I have these are the two
that I listen to the most
1 Blue Man Group &nbsp;(Audio) Yikes talk about a system work out!
2 Steve Stevens (Flammengo A Go.Go) I nominate this one
for best mix and transfer

Just for fun here are my two favorite 2 channel CD's at this time
1 Patricia Barber (Cafe Blue) I nominate this one as best
mix and transfer Under the FIM lable
2 Royal Crown Revue &nbsp;(Mugzy's Move) Just plain retro fun

Give us yours
Ray</font>

<font color='#000000'>I can't help but put in my Toy Matinee disc at LEAST once a week. I am listening to it on DTS, though and not DVD-A. Gene's review of it was really on target. I love listening to the toms go around the room on the 'Toy Matinee' track.</font>

cwall99

cwall99

Full Audioholic
Favorite DVD-A titles? Why that's easy:

Steely Dan - Gaucho
Talking Heads - Brick... Okay, technically, that's a collection of all the T. Heads' stuff on dual disk. If I were forced to choose one from this bunch, I think it'd be Speaking In Tongues. Yeah, that'd be it.

astrodon

astrodon

Audioholic
I have 3 that I would consider my favorites:

"What's New" -- Linda Ronstadt

"The Look of Love" -- Diana Krall

"Sinatra at the Sands" -- Frank Sinatra

G

GTOhaas07

Audioholic Intern
Does anyone know of a good place to look for DVD-A? I would love me some Dream Theater on DVD-A.

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Does anyone know of a good place to look for DVD-A? I would love me some Dream Theater on DVD-A.
The places that I look are Amazon, acousticsounds.com, and cduniverse.com.

Did Dream Theater ever put out a DVD-A? I can't find any mention of any.

G

GTOhaas07

Audioholic Intern
The places that I look are Amazon, acousticsounds.com, and cduniverse.com.

Did Dream Theater ever put out a DVD-A? I can't find any mention of any.
Thanks and I'm not sure, just wishful thinking on my part.

H

hwkn

Junior Audioholic
I'm pretty sure anything that Dream Theater has done in 5.1 has been on DVD-V not DVD-A.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I think DVD-A is the best available music medium but I don't own very many titles. I have and enjoy Steely Dan - Gaucho, The Blue Man Group - Surround Mix, Porcupine Tree - Deadwing and Orff - Carmina Burana (Thielemann).

Jim

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
All of the Porcupine Tree DVD-As are very good. I think Lightbulb Sun is my favorite, but I also enjoy Steve Wilson's Insurgentes quite a bit as well. Beck Sea Change is excellently recorded, but you sort of have to like his stuff.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
From RLA Profile:
Last Activity: 06-06-2007 05:46 PM
Guys let me quote myself here:
RLA - who started this thread hasn't been active on this forum since 2007 - Two and half year ago and the post as Matt mentioned is 7+ years old which itself might be a record...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Guys let me quote myself here:
RLA - who started this thread hasn't been active on this forum since 2007 - Two and half year ago and the post as Matt mentioned is 7+ years old which itself might be a record...
Yes, yes - the OP has been gone a while. Doesn't mean that people can't still answer. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yep, we can still discuss DVD-As whether the OP is around or not :)

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Metallica's Black Album. Really the only format that I can get 'into' this record on. Fleetwood Mac's "Rumours", and PT's "In Absentia". Damn that mix slams.

DJ

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have the Black Album DVD-A and the 5.1 mixes are not bad but not great. The stereo tracks are excellent though. Thanks for reminding me, I have to give this one a try in the Oppo tonight :)

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
I have the Black Album DVD-A and the 5.1 mixes are not bad but not great. The stereo tracks are excellent though. Thanks for reminding me, I have to give this one a try in the Oppo tonight :)
Lemme know how that goes. I'm seriously looking at the modded Oppo BDP-83 for my next 'big' purchase.

DJ

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis