Fantasia & Fantasia 2000

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
I purchased Fantasia in VHS back in the early 1990's. In 2001 I purchased Fantasia 2000 in DVD. Last week I purchased the Blu-ray of both these Disney Classics; and, last night, I had the opportunity to enjoy both on my new OPPO 205. I still marvel at these and without a doubt realize my interest in classical music likely was inspired during my first movie theatre experience with Fantasia when I was a kid back in the early 1950's. At any rate, the colors now are so saturated that Fantasia looks like it could be a 2018 production. The sound track does not sound like 2018 however but still moves me.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
These are great movies. The soundtrack for the original might not have the pristine fidelity that modern productions have but it still sounds great. Fantasia 2000's sound mix is absolutely stellar, a true reference-class surround sound mix, on of the very best 7.1 music mixes out there.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
My dad had an LP set of Fantasia and he used that and a Peter and the Wolf to introduce me to classical music. It didn't really work, but later I saw the film and that helped :) Didn't have the VHS of Fantasia, but did originally get the DVD of Fantasia 2000, then a bit later I bought the bluray set (which bundled dvds/blurays of both) a few years back. Good stuff.

A little film I helped bring into the US for a film festival back in the 70s was "Allegro non Troppo" a parody of Fantasia by Bruno Bozzetto....this actually got me to give the film Fantasia a try as an adult....

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I saw Fantasia 2000 on opening day in IMAX. That was a definite experience. Have owned the Blu-rays since they came out too. Both excellent films

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis