U

Unregistered

I'm getting ready to upgrade my regular 2.1 stereo setup I have and buy I dvd player with built in 5.1 surround sound etc. But what I have been doing but I stoped was have 2 speakers hooked up to the left and right channel with my sub running in the AUX. I was wondering if doing this was bad for the speakers? The sound it ok, I can tell I was draining the reciever but it gave the illusion of suround sound.

Comments please...

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
"...with my sub running in the AUX."

I'm confused here. What do you mean? Are you running it from an "Aux" input on your amp/receiver? ...or what?

Is is a powered sub?

U

Unregistered

There is an aux in/out in the back of the reciever I have. And I have my subwoofer connected to that.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Now I'm really confused.

I've seen aux inputs aplenty on receivers but never an aux output. This is a new thing to me. What brand/model receiver is this?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Again, what receiver has an aux output?

Like I've said, this "aux output" is new to me, and I've been playing with these toys for over 40 years now. What function does the manual say it serves?

From what you say, it doesn't sound "right" so obviously it isn't doing what you think it does. ..or perhaps it's broken. Maybe if you help us, we can help you.

There are numbers and letters on the front of the black box, in addition to a company name. Please provide that info with your next post.

In addition, and this certainly isn't mandatory, but if you're asking for general help - it's nice to register so people feel like their helping someone who might stick around a while and return the favor someday. :)

U

Unregistered

I will register when I get back home, I'm on vacation right now and saw this site and it interested me even more in home audio.

Anyway please forgive me I'm just getting over having the flu but I made another typo, I meant to say it has a AUX input. I connect my subwoofer throught there, it does well for movies and gaming.

My reciver is a fisher stereo system with intrigrated amp. I have two speakers running from the left channel and two from the right channel. It's not really surround sound, but when I crank it up it sounds pretty good. And the sub does well especially when adjusted right. I also have the reciever connect to a fisher amplifier for added sound bost.

But this wont be for long because I'm purchasing me either a 5.1 suround sound decoder (not sure where to get those) or a all in one home theater system to start off. I'm starting off slow but I think this upgrade is worth it for now untile I purchase a good new reciever.

U

Unregistered

Did any of that info help you for at least right now?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis