DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
Ok just a thank you for having a place to get away from the daily B/S and talking gear and music .. This is my safe Space and here is my cuddle creature
32222236_1844852015584816_3440097924527161344_n.jpg

Forsooth

Forsooth

Audioholic
Ah, yes. Just another reason why I don't have a Facebook account. Life is good.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Where my fellow Wisconsinites at!?

Look at the claws! Those are practically manicured by Wisconsin standards!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
No Facebook, Tweeter, Snapchat or anything else for me.

I am way behind when it comes to social media. :D

Of course, my 16YO daughter tells me "nobody uses Facebook anymore". :D

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
No Facebook, Tweeter, Snapchat or anything else for me.

I am way behind when it comes to social media. :D

Of course, my 16YO daughter tells me "nobody uses Facebook anymore". :D
Only old folks...well to a 16YO anyway.

They're all on snapchat and such. I'm sure there are more that I'm not aware of...

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
"Social" media has been the biggest blow to original, spontaneous thinking. Now they even reply to memes with memes. At least with the original 'real time' formats such as IRC, one had to be on their toes with a bit of wit from the hip, and not being totally illiterate without causing a glitch in the flow. Remember, "brb?"

The entire human electronic thought process today is obviously held up by wiki and google crutches. Intelligence in a can, with no penalty for what amounts to blatant and perpetual plagiarism of someone else's thoughts.

I quit using FB when I could not get any unique responses from people I know. It was as if they were afraid to either expose their illiteracy, or daring to get caught expressing an opinion that was less than popular.

Forums are yet another. One in particular, that has taken on a political format that is so utterly predictable, you can read the days headlines and predict what will be said by who and how they will say it. What essentially amounts to rearranged text of the popular sources opinions taken as their own. And then they use this faked intelligence in which to badger and ridicule others.

I have FB, but I mostly glance at the PM feature for msgs from my sons. I admit I am a little crude, academically speaking, but I rarely get involved in topics too far beyond my fields of knowledge.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Facebook is brilliant, diabolic but brilliant. They have more successfully commodified human relations and human emotion than any other business in history. Who else has looked at human relations, communities, and even basic human emotions as a mineable resource? There is so much of it, and facebook has learned how to monitize it. It's like figuring out how to make money off of people for breathing air.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Friends, don't let friends become meme miners.

The most annoying aspect? The correlation between social media and cell phone cameras. People will snap your photo at the least opportune time and post it on social media. I have had to threaten people that come into my home with that feature, with irreparable harm to the device if I see them using it in here without my permission. Some cannot help it. I have a girlfriend that thinks it's cute to do these things. Either she puts it away when she comes in or, she doesn't come in at all. Seem a little extreme? I was taught manners and consideration. Especially in someone else's home.

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
So glad that there was no you tube or face book when I was a kid... If the stupid stuff I did in my youth every got posted LMAO .. My Grandfather got a police scanner after I got my Fist car...and when I asked why did you get that ? He Said so I can hear what my grandsons are up too.......

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
What's the longest you ever made her wait outside?
She abides. I just tell her I'm not letting her in. She's shown up early before, waking me up. Next thing I know, her and I are in a selfie on her facebook with me in boxers pre-coffee, or other essential, humanizing morning functions and she's all prettied up.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Friends, don't let friends become meme miners.

The most annoying aspect? The correlation between social media and cell phone cameras. People will snap your photo at the least opportune time and post it on social media. I have had to threaten people that come into my home with that feature, with irreparable harm to the device if I see them using it in here without my permission. Some cannot help it. I have a girlfriend that thinks it's cute to do these things. Either she puts it away when she comes in or, she doesn't come in at all. Seem a little extreme? I was taught manners and consideration. Especially in someone else's home.
I think there would be a serious competition to come up with the most annoying aspect of FB or many types of social media. Apparently, a large chunk of the population gets its daily news from FB. I can't imagine a poorer quality source for news than a place where anybodies opinion looks just like the a genuine article. Its no wonder the knuckle draggers are walking around in public bellowing opinions like anyone cares.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I think there would be a serious competition to come up with the most annoying aspect of FB or many types of social media. Apparently, a large chunk of the population gets its daily news from FB. I can't imagine a poorer quality source for news than a place where anybodies opinion looks just like the a genuine article. Its no wonder the knuckle draggers are walking around in public bellowing opinions like anyone cares.
Remember that sort of universal etiquette pertaining to the discussion of politics or religion? Social media has become 'that' uncle to avoid at family gatherings. The uncle that wives tell husbands ahead of time not to get them wound up again, lest the cops get called, like last time. And ol' unc, he just makes his rounds, trolling anyone who will.

There's no escape.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Apparently, a large chunk of the population gets its daily news from FB. ... Its no wonder the knuckle draggers are walking around in public bellowing opinions like anyone cares.
Untrue. I get all my news off FB and there are surprisingly few like me.

Can he just say knuckle dragger like that? I need my safe space.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
I've relegated myself to cutting back on facebook except to post things like the roadkill cake I made for my teen. Teen didn't want to give me any ideas for a cake so I threw stuff out there including a roadkill cat cake. Only response was "Whatever..." So...challenge accepted. I made a roadkill cat cake for said teen's birthday.

That and I also respond to my cousin who goes on and on about her health issues by asking if she's sure she's not pregnant. I do it again and again and again. Riles her up. I find it amusing.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
She abides. I just tell her I'm not letting her in. She's shown up early before, waking me up. Next thing I know, her and I are in a selfie on her facebook with me in boxers pre-coffee, or other essential, humanizing morning functions and she's all prettied up.
That's not cool....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I belong to 6 audio groups on FB, and play a lot of Scrabble/Words with Friends. Look at other stuff much less, mostly to see what's going on in our community and cool mountain bike pics. Love the funny drumpf posts, tho, helps with reality :).

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Untrue. I get all my news off FB and there are surprisingly few like me.

Can he just say knuckle dragger like that? I need my safe space.
In a sense I also get my news off facebook. It usually involves Google, while scrolling through Facebook a lot of interesting articles pop up, depending on the source I'll turn to Google for something more 'trustworthy'
Over the past few months I've been trying to better understand how FB's content with advertisers works. It seems that I am getting more ads and articles that interest me, just not 100% why lol.
My only gripe is all the memes that people claim for actual news.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis