zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
The man knows his stuff - depending on the state of America, he should
be able to find work somewhere.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
A 90 second explanation, eh? That should be enough time for ANYONE to get used to the idea, eh?

I got canned in '97, but I saw it coming and it wasn't after 43 years.

Maybe an incessant string of phone calls from people asking to speak with him would annoy the mucky-mucks enough for them to ask him to come back and then, he could refuse.

That'll learn 'em!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I wonder if Harman is also hurting financially and just had to lay off some people who are making too much money.

Geez, after 43 years, shouldn't he be retired already? :D

No way I'm working more than 40 years. I have 19 years. Another 21 years to go. :D

Last edited:
Hookedonc4

Hookedonc4

Audioholic
yes, our company is letting people go and it's not fun to see your fellow workers and friends being dismissed...

I hate it!!!

I have 34 years and I feel everyday could be the last but we keep our head down and keep on grinding.

5-10 more and will ride into the sunset.

P

ptalar

Junior Audioholic
I wonder if Harman is also hurting financially and just had to lay off some people who are making too much money.

Geez, after 43 years, shouldn't he be retired already? :D

No way I'm working more than 40 years. I have 19 years. Another 21 years to go. :D
Let's hope you can walk out the door when you retire and not carried out.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
If only a few people leave because they make too much money, a corporation of that size isn't long for this world. Their penny cash account is probably larger than their salaries.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
That does not bode well for the quality of JBL's products. They unceremoniously throw out their senior engineer. The guy who has been behind some of the LSRs, Synthesis, and cinema speakers, which were all very highly regarded. Here is a bio on him. I had a chance to hear the Everest 67000 not long ago, the sound was flawless.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Whatever the reason, I doubt Harman fired him because he was a mediocre speaker engineer. Harman knows that he is one of the best speaker engineers in the world.

People get fired for other reasons - sometimes PERSONAL CONFLICT reasons.

I knew a person in my department who was an excellent clinician who got fired simply because he clashed too many times with administration and other departments.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
We do not know the whole story - and have only heard one side.

R

riker1384

Junior Audioholic
I heard that they fired all the consumer JBL/Infinity engineers and moved the engineering to China. Maybe they're doing the same with the pro and high end lines.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I heard that they fired all the consumer JBL/Infinity engineers and moved the engineering to China. Maybe they're doing the same with the pro and high end lines.
Well, just about everything is cheaper in China - labor and engineering too.

Harman - Engineered and Manufactured in China. :D

Wait, maybe they're selling the entire Harman company to a Chinese business.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
haha, if so, JBL and Infinity are totally finished as quality brands. That would be a damn shame. Good lord that be a terrible blow to high quality audio! Jimmy Lansing's grave will turn into a black hole and righteously destroy the Earth.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If JBL Synthesis goes to China, how long before Revel, Mark Levinson, Lexicon go to China ?

jinjuku

jinjuku

Look at all the brand under the Behringer Group umbrella. That might be some of your answer right there.

When I saw the labels that they now own I blanched. That's one ruthless operation.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis