External Sub popping when turning speakers on/off

W

WakingAcorn

Audiophyte
I just upgraded from Klipsch R-15PM to Klipsch The Sixes. Now when ever I turn on/off the speakers my sub will make a very loud pop (2-3 pops when turning on and 1 pop when off). My Sub is a Jamo J-12. I had this issue when turning off the R-15PMs when the sub volume was turned very loud so all I had to do was turn the sub down before I turned it off and it was fine. Another issue I am experiencing is that unless the gain is turned almost all the way off the sub will still play quietly to the song even when I turn the Sub volume as far down as the sixes will let me. I’m pretty good when it comes to computers and what not but I am some what of a novice when it comes to speakers so I appreciate any help you guys could give me! Right now my sub is sitting in the corner turned off like it’s in time out!

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Re-seat the LFE RCA cable connection at both ends (sub + AVR/receiver). If the problem persists you may have a problem with the Jamo plate amp. I doubt it's an issue with the AVR/receiver.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
What is the connection map of your system? What is driving the Klipschs, and what is the sub connected to?

W

WakingAcorn

Audiophyte
What is the connection map of your system? What is driving the Klipschs, and what is the sub connected to?
The Sixes have an amp in them so the sub is just plugged into the back of them.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I think the Sixes are the source of the popping sounds. I think your only alternative is to power down the sub before the Sixes, and turn on the sub last after the Sixes has stabilized.

W

WakingAcorn

Audiophyte
I think the Sixes are the source of the popping sounds. I think your only alternative is to power down the sub before the Sixes, and turn on the sub last after the Sixes has stabilized.
yeah that’s what I was thinking as well which sucks because the subs power switch is on the back and it’s in a corner. Thanks for your help!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis