Expansion of EMP's Impression Line

E

eddie

Junior Audioholic
It appears Emptek is planning on expanding the Impression line with a new, larger center channel, larger and more powerful subwoofer and an on-wall speaker as well according to this link: http://www.emptek.com/es10i.php (Just look under the specifications tab and down to the right on the specs page) This should be really interesting. Many have complained about the current subwoofer and center channel in the line being too small and underpowered.

Last edited:
fightinkraut

fightinkraut

Full Audioholic
Ohh, looks interesting, a dual 10" sub, although I'm disappointed in the same 35Hz -3dB point, would love something that digs deeper. Hopefully they have yet to change that text.

The size is interesting, 13" W x 27-1/2" H x 19" D. That's a skinny sub!

I've actually been quite pleased with the center channel, I feel it performs very well.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Ohh, looks interesting, a dual 10" sub, although I'm disappointed in the same 35Hz -3dB point, would love something that digs deeper. Hopefully they have yet to change that text.

The size is interesting, 13" W x 27-1/2" H x 19" D. That's a skinny sub!

I've actually been quite pleased with the center channel, I feel it performs very well.
According to experts dual opposed subs, don't dig deeper, just play louder, plus make easier targets for EQ....

Nice catch eddie

fightinkraut

fightinkraut

Full Audioholic
According to experts dual opposed subs, don't dig deeper, just play louder, plus make easier targets for EQ....

Nice catch eddie
Experts...bah. :)

Agreed, statement was just in general, not related to my ohh all of 10 words earlier.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Experts...bah. :)
Well, G-EV seems to know what's he's talking about... ;)

Dual opposed won't lower your F3. It'll raise you max output potential by 6db, and you can maybe use that to EQ the bottom end and add some boost.

The main advantage to dual opposed is that the box doesn't shake, but a good overbuilt, heavily braced, decoupled, critically damped sub box won't do that much either ;P

T

Tungsten06GT

Audioholic
I currently own the E5ti speakers and E5ci center, but as soon as I saw the E55ti's my interest was raised. Now that a larger center will be available, I think it may be upgrade time! Anyone interested in a kick *** 3.0 speaker set :D

F

Fowl

Audioholic
It appears Emptek is planning on expanding the Impression line with a new, larger center channel, larger and more powerful subwoofer and an on-wall speaker as well according to this link: http://www.emptek.com/es10i.php (Just look under the specifications tab and down to the right on the specs page) This should be really interesting. Many have complained about the current subwoofer and center channel in the line being too small and underpowered.
I for one will welcome a larger center channel.

A

ack_bak

Audioholic
I have always been very impressed with RBH so these should be interesting..
EMP, if your listening, offer more in-wall options with enclosures. The selection for in-wall speakers with engineered enclosures is fairly limited for a good price.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
I for one won't be getting the new center channel. It looks like a WMTMW. basically the e5ci with improved power handling. my issues with the e5ci are with its odd timbre and audible off axis lobing. you need a W/TM/W to get the horizontal lobing lower in frequency and less offensive.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis