Excitment and freaking out

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
Well that's that, thanks for helping me field questions about what sub...
I put in the order for the PB10-ISD, and then ordered my AS-C1 center... Now just to get a couple of wall plates, banana clips, a few more connecting wires between components and receiver, and I'm done. I just don't want to review all the costs, I think I went over my original budget plan. I blame the sub.

-Mike

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
I guess it's pick your poison when it comes to hobbies... I was working on starting a Saltwater Reef Tank... same story there... tons of costs. (I'm already in to freshwater) But no space... so.. unloading reef stuff for my HT :D

Right now I'm totally excited about the HT idea... the reef will have to wait.

muhahahahah!
Scheduled Delivery: 08-April-2005
Nice turn around time. place order 3/6 at noon, planned delivery in 2 days! woo!

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
ducker said:
Nice turn around time. place order 3/6 at noon, planned delivery in 2 days! woo!

Dude, A month an 2 days is not a good turn around time! :D

Seriously though, those 2 days are going to be very very long in Audio Years. Remember to lift with the legs, not the back. Those things are heavy.

Shinerman

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
Clint DeBoer said:
Man, I love saltwater tanks... Can stare at them for hours - even with just live rock and no fish...
Stop stop stop! I don't want to feel the guilt!! I had everything set... nice 65g tank, lights, wood cabinet, water pump, sump, even the salt for water!!
I've never had salt... I have currently 3 fresh water, and about 4 more tanks I want to setup.

The kicker for he Reef tank was the hit my electric bill would take running a 250W halogen light, pumps, etc for that tank. If I had room in my living room for it I might of kept it... but no dice... so the alternative was another dream of mine... to have a decent HT system... and I have everyone here to thank in helping me set it up!! :)

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
Shinerman said:
Dude, A month an 2 days is not a good turn around time! :D

Seriously though, those 2 days are going to be very very long in Audio Years. Remember to lift with the legs, not the back. Those things are heavy.

Shinerman
heh... ops. 4/6 ordered... 4/8 delivery :D
just placed the order for the AS-C1, my custom wall plates, and 30 banana plugs.

As much as I can't wait... I don't have ANY of the wireing done. Heck, I have 3 AS-R1's sitting on my dining room table for the past 10 days... I haven't even hooked them up to see how they sound yet...

corysmith01

corysmith01

Senior Audioholic
Can't wait for you to get the box for that thing. I ordered the sub and was ***shocked*** by how big the box was. The box looks like it would have a 27-32" television in it. It's huge. And yes, lift with the legs. The box has shipping weight sticker on it advising 75 lbs :eek:

You'll love that sub. It's a beast for only costing $400.

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
heh, when I warned the UPS guy I told him to just come in to the front desk and ask for me... I'll then come out and help him. :)

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
Was a tight fit... but it's in my car... I figure I could of put it on its siide but I didn't want to. It is a box, but SVS's box has a "this side up"... So I can't see out of the back of my car now. (Acura Integra) the UPS guy was like... "hm, dunno if it's gonna fit." Also just looked and my center channel is at home wait for me. A shame my cables and banana plugs are still on the way... slow shippers I guess. The custom plates, from that company in MA you gave me Shinerman, look nice. Thanks.

Had a little blip with the WAF last night. She finally realized where the 3 AS-R1's will be going... I thought I might be looking to re-sell them and finding smaller surround speakers. At least as of right now I don't.... she said hopefuly she'll get used to seeing them.

*crosses fingers*

R

Red

Audioholic
Too bad everything is bigger than described when talking to a member of the WAFhood :D

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
www.serenescreen.com

ducker said:
I guess it's pick your poison when it comes to hobbies... I was working on starting a Saltwater Reef Tank... same story there... tons of costs. (I'm already in to freshwater) But no space... so.. unloading reef stuff for my HT :D

Right now I'm totally excited about the HT idea... the reef will have to wait.

muhahahahah!

If you have a nice LCD screen, download this for your PC. It's a great saltwater fishtank screensaver and the demo is outstanding - and free! No spam. Next best thing to a real tank, and no extra $$ that could be going into the HT system.

www.serenescreen.com/product/maquariumx/index.php

D

ddunn_home

Audiophyte
ah reef tanks... there is something that can make HT seem affordable... :)

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I've done salt water tanks. They are very nice when they grow in, and there is so much to look at with a mature salt water tank. But you need to have all the right stuff to keep it looking that way. Pumps, Filters, Ect. Don't think your going to put it together, and it's going to stay that way itself. They are work I don't care what anyone says. And yes you can spend a lot of money not only on the fish. But the live rock too. $2.00 to $10.00 a lb. And when you see the $10.00 live rock over the $2.00 rock you'll be spending some money. And it's easy to buy 100lbs. of rock for a 75 gallon tank. But like anything else, it's a hobby. If you enjoy it who cares about the money.

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
Wow... talk about a buzz kill... I open the box and there's no T-shirt... a little fringe benefit I thought many orders got... on top of that when I pulled the box out the grill of the PB10-ISD looks to be the wrong color... it looks to be a brown grill, not a black. Either that or it's so faded it looks like it's a 10 year old black grill. Most disapointed. I'm contacting them right now in hopes that I can get this resolved, as the sub looks rather ugly at how badly it does not match. Who wants a faded black/brown grill on a black base??

Last edited:
ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
maybe I'm just over reacting, but having my athena F2 grills next to it looks like night and day difference.

PhillyDan1969

PhillyDan1969

Junior Audioholic
Pb10 Isd

I just got mine home and installed last Monday and I am loving it. It was a huge box and the biggest problem was finding somewhere to store the box just in case I need it later, but after some reorganization I managed to find some room for it.

As for the salt water tank, as nice as they are, the upkeep is almost 1000 times more time consuming than the freshwater tanks, I think you did better getting the HT system.

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
ok... they don't look that dramatically different during the day... and I finalyl started listening to some DVDs in 3.1 (no rears setup yet)... and oh my god... now I see what people say when they watch in intro to Lord of the Rings with the ring drop... I feel it.... wow :D

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
ducker said:
maybe I'm just over reacting, but having my athena F2 grills next to it looks like night and day difference.

I agree. I would definitely urge them to redye their grills because that is butt ugly. I've never seen a grill that "off" before. Probably just a one time error. I got my sub from UPS and the grill board had a crack in it. They rushed me out another one UPS within two days.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis