Excellent Yamaha RX-A2030 for someone who needs it

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well probably not after I made a thread “oh it sounds worse”. Hah. I promise there is nothing wrong with the receiver. I’m convinced it’s the new DAC being “too precise”.
I'm convinced you've convinced yourself of that.

Do some research into sighted bias and the importance of blind testing. This sort of thing happens in the wine tasting world too. There are a couple of examples where switching the labels on the bottles produced drastically different results even with seasoned, trained tasters. It's the same with a lot of subjective audio experiences. Sighted bias. It's a shortcoming we all share and it doesn't mean someone is foolish when it happens. It's a quirk of the human brain, and most of us here are willing to recognize it. I wouldn't trust my own conclusions on something like this without some controls.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
That’s a lot of money for an older avr that may or may not have issues . Benefit of the doubt it may work perfectly and the OP may not have it setup correctly too .

F

Fried Chicken

Audioholic
Where are you in case somebody local wants to low ball you for your broke equipment? :D
I’m in Texas. I’m firm on the price. There is nothing wrong with the receiver. If people are off-put by other’s.... exuberant interpretations of my interpretation of the sound, then that’s their loss.

That’s a lot of money for an older avr that may or may not have issues . Benefit of the doubt it may work perfectly and the OP may not have it setup correctly too .
It doesn’t have issues. I think it’s a setting somewhere, and/or the new DAC sounds less pleasing to my ear than the old DAC which is my original theory.

That said, this is the going rate on ebay for these because people recognize yamaha’s best, and they have pre-outs so can be used as an external amplifier once all the farkles become obsolete.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I’m in Texas. I’m firm on the price. There is nothing wrong with the receiver. If people are off-put by other’s.... exuberant interpretations of my interpretation of the sound, then that’s their loss.
I think it's the opposite. I think we're attempting to temper some realism into someone's over exuberant interpretations of the sound based on a flawed comparison.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis