Excellent Yamaha RX-A2030 for someone who needs it

F

Fried Chicken

Audioholic
Yamaha RX-A2030 incl. Original Remote, Original Power Cord (original, big), and Original YPAO microphone.

Excellent condition, everything works. Yamaha Reliability. This thing is a beast, it doesn’t even fit in my cabinet.

Unlike newer Yamaha’s, this amplifier has pre-outs so it can be used as a dedicated 7-channel Amplifier (it’s a 9.2 Channel Receiver), and should never be obsolete.

Asking $650 + shipping.

I can show you via video the receiver working in action. I wish I had better pictures, but it’s dark in the home theater room, and I don’t want to disconnect all the cables and pull them in/out.

Attachments

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Still, would like to have seen further analysis before just selling it....will you have both units on hand the next time for some direct comparisons?

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Pre-outs....
OP has another thread in which he says this RX-A2030 doesn't sound as good as another AVR. I guess that's why he wants to sell it:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
OP has another thread in which he says this RX-A2030 doesn't sound as good as another AVR. I guess that's why he wants to sell it:

Yeah almost posted that link. I'd still like some more analysis/direct comparison myself....

F

Fried Chicken

Audioholic

Yes. I didn’t meant to hide this. I do NOT believe there is something inherently wrong with the receiver. This is personal preference, and a need for money vs the old receiver.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes. I didn’t meant to hide this. I do NOT believe there is something inherently wrong with the receiver. This is personal preference, and a need for money vs the old receiver.
The differences among different units of this nature are extremely minor in general, tho....just keep that in mind.

F

Fried Chicken

Audioholic
Or perhaps you picked up a defective/abused used unit?
Possible, but I doubt it. The sound is almost “too clear” and “too precise”. There is a real possibility I’ll kick myself once I get the original receiver hooked up again (I haven’t disconnected it so any local buyers can hear and see that it works), but I think for my setup the A2030 is overkill as it’s only powering the 5 surrounds in the 7.1 setup (my M-65 is powering the fronts).

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
If it sounds off or worse than another receiver something might be wrong with it. It should sound like any other receiver if it was operated within spec. All else being equal those units should sound the same.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

Start a thread saying your receiver "sounds worse" than another then start another thread on the same site wanting to sell it?

Makes sense to me... :oops:

F

Fried Chicken

Audioholic
If it sounds off or worse than another receiver something might be wrong with it. It should sound like any other receiver if it was operated within spec. All else being equal those units should sound the same.
I am being *very* nitpicky.

Start a thread saying your receiver "sounds worse" than another then start another thread on the same site wanting to sell it?

Makes sense to me... :oops:
Hah, well, at least I’m honest. My suspicion is the DAC in the A810 works better with the RTI speakers I use, or I’ve overlooked some setting on the A2030. If I thought there were something wrong with the receiver I’d say so.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I am being *very* nitpicky.

Hah, well, at least I’m honest. My suspicion is the DAC in the A810 works better with the RTI speakers I use, or I’ve overlooked some setting on the A2030. If I thought there were something wrong with the receiver I’d say so.
I can't imagine you actually distinguishing units by dac/implementation particularly. Could be something, I'd just not suspect that particularly. Being picky and not playing into your expectation biases might be harder than you think.

F

Fried Chicken

Audioholic
I can't imagine you actually distinguishing units by dac/implementation particularly. Could be something, I'd just not suspect that particularly. Being picky and not playing into your expectation biases might be harder than you think.
Maybe. It might just be a matter of preference. Either way, since I was perfectly happy with my A810, I’m selling this one to someone who needs it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe. It might just be a matter of preference. Either way, since I was perfectly happy with my A810, I’m selling this one to someone who needs it.
Good luck....so you did keep the 810 all along?

F

Fried Chicken

Audioholic
Good luck....so you did keep the 810 all along?
I did. It wasn’t worth selling, and I was going to give it away to someone that might want it, but nobody ever emerged. There are only a handful of features I might miss from the 2030 (dual subwoofer, but I don’t *really* need that), and idk, something else. I love my A810. Such a fabulous thing.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I think nobody will emerge here either for your AVR-X2030.

F

Fried Chicken

Audioholic
I think nobody will emerge here either for your AVR-X2030.
Well probably not after I made a thread “oh it sounds worse”. Hah. I promise there is nothing wrong with the receiver. I’m convinced it’s the new DAC being “too precise”.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis