Excellent score. Now what to do with it?

Z

Zaluss

Audioholic
I was browsing craigslist the other day at work on my lunch when I spotted a Gigabyte Aurora case for $20. Condition was fair with some scratches but for $20 sure why not. I emailed the guy and he said he was around the corner from my work so he came by and dropped it off.

I opened up the case and found an M2N32 SLI Deluxe/Wifi, Sempron AM2+ processor, and an Antec 650w NeoPower Blue, 4GBs of generic DDR2.

I asked the guy about them and he said he doesn't know it was his ex wifes and I could have it all.

Now what should I do? Build a system? Is it worth it? All I need is a hard drive and video card. Hell the motherboard is better than my current system but my system is mAtx.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
You could just list all the stuff you don't want on ebay or craigslist and profit.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'd repurpose it all if you have a computer need. The chances of you making anything worthwhile for that hardware, after you factor in your time and effort to sell/ship/trade are slim to none.

You could also pick the best components from each box and build a better one. No spending necessary for a slight upgrade.

If you decide to sell it, tell local friends about it. Less effort needed.

Z

Zaluss

Audioholic
Thats what I was thinking. My only desktop PC now is an HTPC which I don't use as an HTPC anymore. I use my Xbox 360 for Netflix and the HTPC really as a squeezebox server and web browsing machine.

I think I'm going to swap the Athlon 240 X2 in my HTPC to the new tower and put the Sempron in the HTPC and sell the HTPC as a whole machine on craigslist for cheap. Should offset the cost of buying a better video card (Probably HD4890 or HD5770) and a better hard drive (WD 640GB Black/Blue).

OR I could wait until the new Six core AM2+ processors come out and pick up a used quad for cheap and keep the dual core in the HTPC and sell that for a bit more.

Might as well get back into PC gaming one of these days :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis