EX-PRESIDENT INDICTED

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Without reading is that the actual vote or just the republican ass kissing vote hopefulness? Hard to equate them these days....
Vote, what vote? That’s the House Oversight Committee report. While definitely politically motivated it’s factual subpoena’d information.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Bullshit, you definitely support this POS from your various posts.

ps the Biden crime family compared to the Trumpino crime family is just ridiculous. What weird universe do you live in?
The weird universe where adding a Trump tariff of 10% on all imported goods into the US will not raise prices.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Just listening to an in depth review of this decision and for the most part I agree with you. This was a bad decision. Don’t think he could actually kill SCOTUS justices but the president can absolutely accept a million dollar bribe to pardon someone. This one makes no sense
Bribe? It's a tip as a server gets after service rendered. ;)

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Maybe it is time for Biden to just do what's needed with his new powers. That would be wrong of course, but may be the lesser of the two evils. Again.
From the dissent by Sotomayor. You can guess what Trump will do if the Americans are dumb enough to elect him as president again

>>>The President of the United States is the most powerful person in the country, and possibly the world. When he uses his official powers in any way, under the majority’s reasoning, he now will be insulated from criminal prosecution. Orders the Navy’s Seal Team 6 to assassinate a political rival? Immune. Organizes a military coup to hold onto power? Immune. Takes a bribe in exchange for a pardon? Immune. Immune, immune, immune.<<<

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

From the dissent by Sotomayor. You can guess what Trump will do if the Americans are dumb enough to elect him as president again

>>>The President of the United States is the most powerful person in the country, and possibly the world. When he uses his official powers in any way, under the majority’s reasoning, he now will be insulated from criminal prosecution. Orders the Navy’s Seal Team 6 to assassinate a political rival? Immune. Organizes a military coup to hold onto power? Immune. Takes a bribe in exchange for a pardon? Immune. Immune, immune, immune.<<<

And we know what happened at the Nuremburg trials, right? ;)

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
But of course. It's not under oath and even then, Kavanaugh comes to mind, so what, who will prosecute them?
Is there any recourse other than impeachment? Even a corrupt judge like Clarence Thomas is allowed to stay in office, so a very slim hope of accountability.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Is there any recourse other than impeachment? Even a corrupt judge like Clarence Thomas is allowed to stay in office, so a very slim hope of accountability.
Yes, one can impeach but you have t5o have the house then enough to vote for it and same with senate. Not easy as you saw the 2-impeachment effort failed to produce fruit.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I do wonder if any following the President orders, like assassinating political opponents, will be immune from prosecution as well.

What do you think @Mr._Clark ?
I don't think so, but the President could pardon them. This wouldn't prevent prosecution under state laws, but I'm not sure how effective that would be if the President ordered people to assassinate the state officials who attempted to enforce the state laws.

The question I'm kicking around in my own mind is what's to stop a future president from putting in place his own heavily armed security service that reports directly to the president? Basically, a modern version of the SS that does not take an oath to support the Constitution or to bear allegiance to anyone or anything other than the president. It would be his personal mob style hit squad.

I suspect there would be many who'd be willing to join if Trump wins the election, but there could be a maniac with maniacal followers from the other end of the political spectrum in the future.

The Posse Comitatus Act prohibits use of the military in this way, but so what? The president would say his security group is not the military, and he can't be criminally prosecuted for violating the law anyway.

The militia clause of the Constitution says Congress has the power to call up militias, but the president could say his group is not a militia, and the Constitution doesn't say the president can't create a security service that reports directly to him.

The biggest hurdle I see is that criminal immunity requires an official act in the capacity as president, and it's not clear a president could set up a rogue hit squad and successfully convince a court that his control of the hit squad was an official act.

I haven't spent a lot time on this question. Hopefully I'm missing something.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis