EX-PRESIDENT INDICTED

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
As of right now, based on the Fitzgerald case, Trump does have absolute immunity from civil liability with regards to official actions taken in his role as president.

>>>In a 5–4 decision, the Court ruled that the President is entitled to absolute immunity from legal liability for civil damages based on his official acts. The Court, however, emphasized that the President is not immune from criminal charges stemming from his official or unofficial acts while he is in office.<<<

There was some speculation that the courts might rule that Trump's actions on January 6 were official acts taken in his role as president, and Fitzgerald civil immunity would be extended to criminal liability. As I see it, the considerations in Fitzgerald are significantly different. For one thing, if Fitzgerald would have gone the other way, every president could face thousands if not millions of civil actions by disgruntled citizens.

In contrast, there are very few government entities that can bring criminal charges and it requires sufficient evidence to trigger a grand jury indictment. And of course criminal immunity would create a situation in which the president could order the military to kill his political opponents and all members of congress (so they can't impeach him) and kill his entire cabinet so they can't invoke the 25th amendment.

As judge Chutkin said about Trump in a prior case: "Presidents are not kings, and Plaintiff is not President.”

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/us-law-week/judge-who-said-presidents-arent-kings-to-handle-new-trump-case

At any rate, Trump is well on his way to having the most losing Supreme Court decisions with his name on them of any former president in history.
I have not read the entire Supreme Court decision, but it appears to me that the court extended the holding in Fitzgerald to criminal acts:

>>>The indictment’s allegations that the requested investigations were “sham” or proposed for an improper purpose do not divest the President of exclusive authority over the investigative and prosecutorial functions of the Justice Department and its officials. App. 186–187, Indictment¶10(c). And the President cannot be prosecuted for conduct within his exclusive constitutional authority. Trump is therefore absolutely immune from prosecution for the alleged conduct involving his discussions with Justice Department officials.<<< (emphasis added)

My initial impression is that this may well be the worst decision in the history of the Supreme Court.

Hopefully there are some limitations on this elsewhere in the opinion. If not, God or Richard Dawkins (take your pick) help us all.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I have not read the entire Supreme Court decision, but it appears to me that the court extended the holding in Fitzgerald to criminal acts:

>>>The indictment’s allegations that the requested investigations were “sham” or proposed for an improper purpose do not divest the President of exclusive authority over the investigative and prosecutorial functions of the Justice Department and its officials. App. 186–187, Indictment¶10(c). And the President cannot be prosecuted for conduct within his exclusive constitutional authority. Trump is therefore absolutely immune from prosecution for the alleged conduct involving his discussions with Justice Department officials.<<< (emphasis added)

My initial impression is that this may well be the worst decision in the history of the Supreme Court.

Hopefully there are some limitations on this elsewhere in the opinion. If not, God or Richard Dawkins (take your pick) help us all.
Yes, time will tell for the day all this is overturned along with a bunch of other crazy ones from this court makeup.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
If Biden were anything like drumphy, he'd be cleaning out the competition now.
The issue is half the country views this as Biden is currently trying to take out the competition. The optics of waiting 3 years until Trump is running for president again doesn’t help persuade many Americans that this is anything other than political persecution. Regardless of the validity of the charges many in the prosecution do hate Trump and this also only serves to reinforce the political persecution viewpoint. This gets worse before it gets worse and I don’t know that it gets better

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Here is President Biden response to the Supreme Court immunity decision:

Maybe it is time for Biden to just do what's needed with his new powers. That would be wrong of course, but may be the lesser of the two evils. Again.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The issue is half the country views this as Biden is currently trying to take out the competition. The optics of waiting 3 years until Trump is running for president again doesn’t help persuade many Americans that this is anything other than political persecution. Regardless of the validity of the charges many in the prosecution do hate Trump and this also only serves to reinforce the political persecution viewpoint. This gets worse before it gets worse and I don’t know that it gets better
Those that believe Biden is responsible for drumphy's legal issues is insane in itself, but from you not surprising.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Yes, time will tell for the day all this is overturned along with a bunch of other crazy ones from this court makeup.
The only good news is that Biden has immunity to hit the Supreme Court with a cruise missile.

That should curb the judicial enthusiasm for absolute immunity.

Black humor aside, I see nothing good in this decision.

T

TankTop5

Those that believe Biden is responsible for drumphy's legal issues is insane in itself, but from you not surprising.
I’m simply stating how half the country views the situation, what you’re suggesting is that half the country is insane and the issue is that’s the consensus from both side. Not a great time in American history

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I’m simply stating how half the country views the situation, what you’re suggesting is that half the country is insane and the issue is that’s the consensus from both side. Not a great time in American history
Lots of stupid people in the US as well as mentally ill....definitely a low moment for this country

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
The only good news is that Biden has immunity to hit the Supreme Court with a cruise missile.
That's quicker than waiting to replace all those yahoos on the court. ;)

I'd say that is an official act, just ask me.

T

TankTop5

That should curb the judicial enthusiasm for absolute immunity.

Black humor aside, I see nothing good in this decision.
Just listening to an in depth review of this decision and for the most part I agree with you. This was a bad decision. Don’t think he could actually kill SCOTUS justices but the president can absolutely accept a million dollar bribe to pardon someone. This one makes no sense

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just listening to an in depth review of this decision and for the most part I agree with you. This was a bad decision. Don’t think he could actually kill SCOTUS justices but the president can absolutely accept a million dollar bribe to pardon someone. This one makes no sense
One of the few posts you've made I'd agree with. This is a sh*t decision at the behest of the shitty republican party

T

TankTop5

One of the few posts you've made I'd agree with. This is a sh*t decision at the behest of the shitty republican party
So now a president can do illegal stuff while conducting official constitutional activities of the office. The next president may leave office as the wealthiest individual on earth. The president has sole discretion on foreign trade deals and levying tariffs. Foreign governments could directly bribe the president for sweetheart trade deals and the president could blackmail foreign countries for billions deposited directly into his bank account (held in a trust until he leaves office).

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So now a president can do illegal stuff while conducting official constitutional activities of the office. The next president may leave office as the wealthiest individual on earth. The president has sole discretion on foreign trade deals and levying tariffs. Foreign governments could directly bribe the president for sweetheart trade deals and the president could blackmail foreign countries for billions deposited directly into his bank account (held in a trust until he leaves office).
While drumphy may be somewhat the wealthiest person at the end of his term, mostly that's based on his bullshit otoh. He's a charlatan. You are too for supporting him

T

TankTop5

While drumphy may be somewhat the wealthiest person at the end of his term, mostly that's based on his bullshit otoh. He's a charlatan. You are too for supporting him
I don’t support Trump. Stop! I definitely lean more conservative but Trump is a douchebag and so is the Biden crime family. You have such tunnel vision you are incapable of realizing that just because I disagree with you on almost everything politically that doesn’t equal me liking Trump or being a Republican which I am not

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don’t support Trump. Stop! I definitely lean more conservative but Trump is a douchebag and so is the Biden crime family. You have such tunnel vision you are incapable of realizing that just because I disagree with you on almost everything politically that doesn’t equal me liking Trump or being a Republican which I am not
Bullshit, you definitely support this POS from your various posts.

ps the Biden crime family compared to the Trumpino crime family is just ridiculous. What weird universe do you live in?

T

TankTop5

Bullshit, you definitely support this POS from your various posts.

ps the Biden crime family compared to the Trumpino crime family is just ridiculous. What weird universe do you live in?
You may want to read this official government report from the House Oversight Committee

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis