EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 $430 amazon

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Hopefully as the crypto-mining bubble continues to deflate and with the release of the 11xx series of cards soon, the GTX 10xx will keep dropping in price. I bet we'll see some good video card deals come Black Friday.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hopefully as the crypto-mining bubble continues to deflate and with the release of the 11xx series of cards soon, the GTX 10xx will keep dropping in price. I bet we'll see some good video card deals come Black Friday.
I'd be awful tempted to get a 10 series to replace my GTX970 if a good sale pops up. That would definitely last me until I do a total rebuild in two years.

And yes, crypto can DIAF. My hat's off to those who made their fortunes, but I wish there had been a better way than wrecking the gaming card industry.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I'd be awful tempted to get a 10 series to replace my GTX970 if a good sale pops up. That would definitely last me until I do a total rebuild in two years.

And yes, crypto can DIAF. My hat's off to those who made their fortunes, but I wish there had been a better way than wrecking the gaming card industry.
Uh it hardly wrecked the video card industry. In fact it was a huge profit boon to video card manufacturers. That's more money that can be allocated to R&D (hopefully), so in the end it may help consumers more than it hurt them.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
So far only Pro Quatro cards have been announced. I hope after my recent 1070ti purchase they'd hold announcing next gen gaming cards off a bit longer :)

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Uh it hardly wrecked the video card industry. In fact it was a huge profit boon to video card manufacturers. That's more money that can be allocated to R&D (hopefully), so in the end it may help consumers more than it hurt them.
It was not a boon to gamers in any way, shape, or form. 2+ years of used cards selling for >MSRP and new cards disappearing from shelves within minutes is by no means a boon to gamers. Yes, Nvidia and AMD raked it in hand-over-fist, but the majority who wanted to use video cards for their intended purpose, as compared to money-printing machines, certainly weren't happy.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis