Erin's Audio review squashed by Tekton

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
I don't like using the term "suicide" for a person or a company tbh. As someone who has spent the last 15+ years battling crippling depression I don't wiah that towards anyone.

Eric has a path of redemption out of this mess but the choice is his.
I agree and should have chosen a better term. I as well have battled crippling depression, loosing a business through no fault of my own certainly didn’t help. While the loss wasn’t my fault depression definitely did not lend itself to personal decisions in the aftermath. It’s from this perspective that I have compassion for Eric and I would hope the audiophile community would show grace should he decide to do the right thing.

Thank you go your input

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I agree and should have chosen a better term. I as well have battled crippling depression, loosing a business through no fault of my own certainly didn’t help. While the loss wasn’t my fault depression definitely did not lend itself to personal decisions in the aftermath. It’s from this perspective that I have compassion for Eric and I would hope the audiophile community would show grace should he decide to do the right thing.

Thank you go your input
As an empathetic person I understand your points. My fear for you is that you’re projecting here due to your own backstory.
A year ago this June we lost another young friend to suicide. It’s one of the most horrible things I’ve experienced, and definitely not the first person I’ve lost. The term is not lost on me, and I don’t use it lightly. Like many, depression has touched me as well.
I’ve also been a small business owner for 24 years. To say it’s been a roller coaster ride is an understatement. However I can’t imagine acting like Eric has. There are so many ways he could’ve handled things differently.
I’ve looked at some of the other sites where people are talking about this. I’m not alone in my opinion, and frankly I’ve seen harsher criticisms than mine. And in my opinion, the audio community owes him nothing. IMO, he owes the audio community, not the other way around. He wants to act like a baby? He can sit in his own shittty diaper.
Should he come around, I may change my mind. If he wants to dig in, then Fukk him.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
As an empathetic person I understand your points. My fear for you is that you’re projecting here due to your own backstory.
A year ago this June we lost another young friend to suicide. It’s one of the most horrible things I’ve experienced, and definitely not the first person I’ve lost. The term is not lost on me, and I don’t use it lightly. Like many, depression has touched me as well.
I’ve also been a small business owner for 24 years. To say it’s been a roller coaster ride is an understatement. However I can’t imagine acting like Eric has. There are so many ways he could’ve handled things differently.
I’ve looked at some of the other sites where people are talking about this. I’m not alone in my opinion, and frankly I’ve seen harsher criticisms than mine. And in my opinion, the audio community owes him nothing. IMO, he owes the audio community, not the other way around. He wants to act like a baby? He can sit in his own shittty diaper.
Should he come around, I may change my mind. If he wants to dig in, then Fukk him.
Again, not disagreeing with you on any of the points that you made, including my projecting. Life is hard, it’s harder when you’re stupid as Eric is learning.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator

Thank you go your input
I do feel empathy towards Eric as I'm sure this is affecting him emotionally. I hope he does the right thing as well.

He did post this video, though I disagree that lawyers should ever be needed to negotiate a review:

The average lawyer charges $400/hr. There is NO way I will review a product from any company that decided they want to negotiate the outcome if it's not in their favor with lawyers.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I do feel empathy towards Eric as I'm sure this is affecting him emotionally. I hope he does the right thing as well.

He did post this video, though I disagree that lawyers should ever be needed to negotiate a review:

The average lawyer charges $400/hr. There is NO way I will review a product from any company that decided they want to negotiate the outcome if it's not in their favor with lawyers.
To me, this response rubs me even further wrong. Litigation is different? That like a word salad from some golden eared audiophile?

ps Would love to know his engineering degrees, also where are all these measurements he's already taken?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

I will definitely watch this later. When did this go up? He’s been getting nuked at ASR, and one of the big deals is the promise of some rebuttal video, or some proof of evidence, or something. I’m far too human sometimes and seem to get more emotional every year lol. But my immediate empathetic response is to Erin, and Amir. Seems like Eric is doubling down at every turn(you should see some of his idiotic quotes) instead of doing this right. So for that, I just want to slap him! Truth is this whole thing has garnered much more negative attention to him and his brand than any negative review! From what I understand, the review was even favorable.
I thought I couldn’t have cared any less about tekton, but it turns out I was wrong.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
For clarity, SCREENSHOT LIFTED FROM ASR.
Not my words. This is from the owner of tekton.

Last edited:
B

buckchester

Junior Audioholic
YOU are a victim? That's rich. How about the consumers who spent their hard earned money thinking they were getting a linear loudspeaker that was designed correctly? I get if you wanted to design a speaker that deviated somewhat from neutrality, but I can't think of a logical reason for intentionally designing a speaker with directivity mismatches.

If you call someone out for measuring it incorrectly without pointing out specifically what was wrong, it does put into question the credibility or legitimacy of your criticism in the first place.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Eric says he's a victim; lets see

A victim well I wonder : Victim:
a person who is tricked or duped.

The signs of victim mentality include blaming others, believing others cannot be trusted, and not taking responsibility for one's own actions.

All the manufacturer had to do is reach out to Erin, without going all postal on the internet. Since anyone that measure speakers or listens to them, has their own opinion regardless of how the manufacturer views their products sound, I say the manufacturer has no grounds when free speech is involved, It is legal as long as what the reviewer says is true and has the evidence to prove it . Was he attacked personally, NO, his speaker was questioned. Was there a baseline measurement ( a measurement, you know graphs not a "written text spec" in place for reviewers to test or compare their data to ? ) But overall here is a perfect example, what the internet and all things You Tube Videos have led to, a wide open world of FREE SPEECH.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
He could have made this whole thing unnecessary by contacting Amir, asking how the speakers were measured and if Eric disagreed with the methods, recommended that changes could be made before measuring again. If errors were found, Amir or Eric could have changed their stance on the issues and people wouldn't need to light their torches and sharpen their pitchforks.

But NOOOOOO! He had to be a little bitch about it.

Some adults find that a constructive discussion yields the best results.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I've asked you legitimate questions at ASR without a response, as well as stating how this can all be resolved. If you want to get into the EE and acoustical science, that's another topic that a majority of your peers would have some disagreement with you about I'm sure.

The speaker, The Lore, was measured, and despite of the spikes, the Klippel can account for a new accoustical center *without* having the speaker remeasured but out of respect for you the reviewer asked for measurements to see the difference and offered to retest one you send, this was even *after* you threatened him...

This reply was intened for Eric

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
YOU are a victim? That's rich. How about the consumers who spent their hard earned money thinking they were getting a linear loudspeaker that was designed correctly? I get if you wanted to design a speaker that deviated somewhat from neutrality, but I can't think of a logical reason for intentionally designing a speaker with directivity mismatches.

If you call someone out for measuring it incorrectly without pointing out specifically what was wrong, it does put into question the credibility or legitimacy of your criticism in the first place.
I've asked you legitimate questions at ASR without a response, as well as stating how this can all be resolved. If you want to get into the EE and acoustical science, that's another topic that a majority of your peers would have some disagreement with you about I'm sure.

The speaker, The Lore, was measured, and despite of the spikes, the Klippel can account for a new accoustical center *without* having the speaker remeasured but out of respect for you the reviewer asked for measurements to see the difference and offered to retest one you send, this was even *after* you threatened him...
Ok, Question. You guys don’t think that’s me, do you? Maybe I should have been clear. I took a screenshot from asr and posted here so everyone can see what a first class dikk Eric Alexander is.

Both posts read like you’re addressing ME when using the word “you”.

Just checking in case I’m illiterate. lol

B

buckchester

Junior Audioholic
Ok, Question. You guys don’t think that’s me, do you? Maybe I should have been clear. I took a screenshot from asr and posted here so everyone can see what a first class dikk Eric Alexander is.

I thought I was responding to Eric.

M

Melisma

Enthusiast
DID AMIRM TAKE THE BAIT?

ErinsAudio and and Tekton mutually agreed to retest the troubador. There was no controversy.

"The designer at Tekton has raised concerns about my test methods of the Tekton Troubadour speaker. Particularly me not having the feet installed which seal the through-holes at the bottom of the speaker. The feet were not provided by the gentleman who loaned the speakers and I was unaware of these feet until Tekton informed me of this.

In order to practice due diligence in my reviews and transparency with you all, I wanted to let you all know that I am going to take my review down while I investigate Tekton’s concerns and retest this speaker with the feet installed. I will update my review as necessary.

I hope I have your understanding."

index.jpeg

The gofundme was cancelled 6 hrs. in, I suppose by request from Erin:

$100 USD raised

This fundraiser is no longer accepting donations.

Now, thanks to Amir, it looks like Tekton may actually have a case against Amir/ASR for what has developed on his site and instigated across the general audio community regarding Tekton's reputation.

If this is what Eric had in mind all along, good on him, and the last I saw he is still not backing down one bit.

I don't think things will work out in Amir's favor when this goes to trial. Maybe he should have had the sense to mind his own business when it was obvious that nobody (especially Erin) wanted his 'help' in the first place. Also, it may be a rude awakening to find out the LLC status won't save him from personal liability.

Go get 'em Eric. Should I start a gofundme for you?

btw, did anyone see the Stereophile review for the Impact monitor? This is a properly designed, inexpensive, excellent performing speaker by even ASR standards. Much better than the Moab Be objectively. Maybe it was just a one thousand monkey/typewriter kind of thing.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan

And a great one it is.. I seriously needed more coffee :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
DID AMIRM TAKE THE BAIT?

ErinsAudio and and Tekton mutually agreed to retest the troubador. There was no controversy.

"The designer at Tekton has raised concerns about my test methods of the Tekton Troubadour speaker. Particularly me not having the feet installed which seal the through-holes at the bottom of the speaker. The feet were not provided by the gentleman who loaned the speakers and I was unaware of these feet until Tekton informed me of this.

In order to practice due diligence in my reviews and transparency with you all, I wanted to let you all know that I am going to take my review down while I investigate Tekton’s concerns and retest this speaker with the feet installed. I will update my review as necessary.

View attachment 66898

$100 USD raised

Now, thanks to Amir, it looks like Tekton may actually have a case against Amir/ASR for what has developed on his site and instigated across the general audio community regarding Tekton's reputation.

If this is what Eric had in mind all along, good on him, and the last I saw he is still not backing down one bit.

I don't think things will work out in Amir's favor when this goes to trial. Maybe he should have had the sense to mind his own business when it was obvious that nobody (especially Erin) wanted his 'help' in the first place. Also, it may be a rude awakening to find out the LLC status won't save him from personal liability.

btw, did anyone see the Stereophile review for the Impact monitor? This is a properly designed, inexpensive, excellent performing speaker by even ASR standards. Much better than the Moab Be objectively. Maybe it was just a one thousand monkey/typewriter kind of thing.
Tekton's reputation was already goofy. How did this hurt it? Isn't all publicity good publicity? Eric's the lord helmet here, no one else.

M

MerlinGS

Audiophyte
DID AMIRM TAKE THE BAIT?

Please do explain. What is the claim of action? On what basis is the proposed claim of action applicable to the reviews performed by Erin and Amir? As a lawyer, I do find your statement interesting and look forward to your legal explanation. Thanks

A

amirm

Audiophyte

$100 USD raised

That's likely because I personally committed $10,000 for his legal defense and other members at ASR chimed in with significant amount of money on top of that.

Eric damaged his own reputation by posting on ASR that he plans to litigate against me: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/tekton-m-lore-speaker-review.48732/post-1935110

"The Facts are he measured the speaker incorrectly. It will probably come to litigation so everyone needs to hang tight... "

Until that time, I had not said a word about him threatening me with litigation despite it going on for some 3 weeks. I just bit my lip and kept silent. Eric then went after Erin with identical tactics to mine. I thought about it and realized that Erin may not have the resources, knowledge and abilities I have to resist Eric's accusations and threats. So created the thread on ASR to get support for him.

As it turns out, we didn't need to spend money. Two attorneys on ASR volunteered to help Erin. I put one in touch with Erin and it worked out well. Erin was very appreciative, asking me to share this:

""Thank you again for your support. Both of you [I and attorney on email]. And, Amir, please express my sincere gratitude to your audience." "

There was then some confusion as to whether any actual threats of litigation were made. At that point I had no choice but to confirm that it has by posting Eric's messages to me.

Go ahead.

T

TheAVInsider

Junior Audioholic
DID AMIRM TAKE THE BAIT?

View attachment 66898

$100 USD raised

Sock Account #2

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis