Entertainment Center TV/Projector

R

RedCharles

Full Audioholic
I'm getting some more tools. Probably a hot dog saw because table saws scare the hell out of me. I'm going to build something like this, but with a retractable 120 inch projector screen hanging down in front.

Has anyone ever built a custom entertainment center, or hired a contractor do one? What was your experience?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What is a hot dog saw? I don't think I'm ready for things with doors and drawers yet myself....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL thought it was some slang for a circular saw or something. I've seen those Sawstop demos on youtube before. That pro cabinet saw is really nice! Which one are you thinking of?

Didn't know they were based here in Oregon until I looked at their site just now, tho. I bought a used Rockwell 10" table saw for my projects (mostly diy subs, some projects around the house) but nothing as ambitious as an entertainment center (don't even use the one I have for av gear, tho, more a repository of books and discs); the previous owner had built his own extension with a router insert, which saved me the trouble.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis