Enter to Win: Rives Audio Test CD 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

metamorphasis

Audiophyte
Administrative Director

Tom Andry said:
Rives is giving away three (3) Rives Audio Test CD 2 this month in our dedicated forum contest.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residence 3) Answer the question in this contest thread:

Contest Question: When designing a home theater or media room for acoustical purposes there are three aspects to consider in the project. Sonic Benefit, Aesthetics, and Budget. Everyone has a different threshold for each, and while many of us would love to have the all out assault on a great home theater, that's just not the real world and budget is important. Likewise, if the media room is also the family room or living room, attention to aesthetics and keeping with the architecture may be very important.

If you were going to acoustically "renovate" your media room how important would each of these three items be. Give each a percentage so that the combined would add up to 100%. Please explain why you answered the way you did.

Note this contest ends on February 28th 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!

HI.......... THE FIRST OPTION ALWAYS HAS TO BE SOUND QUALITY FOR ME. IF NOT, WHY WOULD I EVEN CONSIDER WHETHER OR NOT I HAD A BUDGET LARGE ENOUGH TO COVER SOMETHING THAT WOULD NOT EVEN IMPROVE THE SOUND QUALITY OF MY SYSTEM? I RESEARCH WHAT I THINK IS GOING TO MAKE THE SUBJECTIVE QUALITY OF MY SYSTEM BETTER. THAT IS 85% OF THE DECISION. 10% IS AESTHETICS BUT SOUND IS THE ULTIMATE OBJECTIVE SO IF THE ITEM IN QUESTION IS THAT OBJECTIONABLE I WOULD FIND A WAY TO HIDE IT. I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT BUDGET IS ONLY 5% BECAUSE IF THERE IS SOMETHING OUT THERE THAT MY RESEARCH LEADS ME TO CONCLUDE WILL SIGNIFICANTLY IMPROVE THE SOUND OF MY SYSTEM I WILL FIND THE WAY TO GET THE MONEY!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis