Enter to Win: Onix X-sub from AV123

What features are most important in a home theater subwoofer?

• Aesthetics/Size

Votes: 8 3.0%
  • Maximum Output

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • Maximum Extension

Votes: 21 7.9%
  • Quality and Accuracy of LFE Playback

Votes: 223 83.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
AV123 wants your opinion!

AV123 is giveing away an Onix X-sub to one (1) lucky forum member that takes the poll above and explains their answer in the forum below.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residence 3) Take the poll above and post your more specific response to the question below:

Contest Question: What features are most important in a home theater subwoofer?

[Click here for more information on the Onix X-sub]

Note this contest ends on February 28th 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
Deep, earth shattering, accurate bass and lots of SPL's to go with it. We're talking shake the pictures off the walls deep, and scare the crap out of you dynamic, for those suspense thriller movies.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I want accurate, clean bass and a lot of it :) Stupid grin factor has to be high (you know what I'm talking about). Of course the room is a big factor, but a good sub should give good tactile response without sounding like "one note". Bass should be articulate and have definition enough so that individual tones are easily distinguished.

B

Boeckelmann

Audiophyte
accurate is the most important. who cares if the sub can output 1000000 watts if it can't be accurate to what it's driving?

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Lots of good clean bass. If it's loud and deep but has lots of distortion what's the point? It's all important but sound quality is #1 on my list.

SBF1

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
Quality of reproduction of sound the way the director intended it. After all that is what we are striving for in all this madness. Of course a sub needs to look nice, but frankly I'm not as concered about it. After all, once the lights go down for the movies you don't see the sub, you hear and FEEL it.

S

sy527x

Audioholic Intern
Good subs...

Even though I'm relatively new to HT, I have listened to different speakers and their bass sounds. I'd have to say good tight bass is the most important thing to consider when selecting a sub. Aesthetics are also considered.

J

jake51s

Junior Audioholic

Quality and accuracy of LFE playback of course!
I think that quality and accuracy is what every audiophile on this site is looking for out of every piece of equipment that they own.

T

treetownal

Audioholic Intern
Contest Question: What features are most important in a home theater subwoofer?

Accuracy of LFE response for me. Its important to go low and do so in a manner that will shake my walls when a soundtrack requires but I listen to music as much as watch movies so I want an accurate and high quality sound.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Accurate, tight bass in paramount in a good subwoofer. Extension is not so important, as there is not too much media down in the subsonic world. Nevertheless, it should have headroom and extension that could meet all needs.

T

tungstenmw

Enthusiast
I chose quality and accuracy. When I'm looking for subwoofers I always look at what frequencies can be output by the sub. If the sub is rated to output 20Hz - 200Hz and it doesn't actually hit those frequencies then the manufacturer has just wasted my time and totally disregarded my whole basis for getting their subwoofer.

patnshan

patnshan

Senior Audioholic
With a sub, quality is the most important thing. If it can go low, but is sloppy, it is not a sub that I want. If it goes loud, but sloppy, that is also a sub I do not want.

A good sub is one that does what it is designed to do, very well. A sub designed to go low should do so cleanly. A sub that is designed to go loud, should do so cleanly.

Pat

K

kleinwl

Audioholic
small form factor / good looks... and clear clean bass up to 80Hz. Power isn't the goal really... just enough to fill my small 1500 cubic ft room.

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
Low, Clean, and loud... at a good price

I would rather wait to purchase, than get something I would not be happy with in the long run.

S

sk60

Enthusiast
Contest Question: What features are most important in a home theater subwoofer? Deep bass, strong asthetics, high quality, clean lows.

mlbillow

mlbillow

Audioholic Intern
I would have to say clean / accurate bass. And the more SPL's, the better.

majorloser

majorloser

DEEP BASS!

Accurate, clean and high db.

A nice piano black or cherry finish doesn't hurt either :D

R

rushwj

Audioholic
Av123 sub

I look for deep extension and maximum output in a smooth manner. I listen to music and movies and use my sub for both so accuracy is a key. The sub doesn't need to look special in any way, but it can't be too ugly either. simple black boxes are fine.
-william rush

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
I need it to look pretty.
The 'wife' demands it.

'I' want it to sound louder, clearer, and deeper then my mains, of which all have 12" woofers in them. Extension is important because I will be building a home soon, and I want a large theater room, so it needs to be able to move volume as well as sound good.

Reorx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis