Enter to Win: 50% off DVIGear Order

How important is it for you to own a reference quality HDMI Test Pattern Generator?

• I already own one and it’s an essential part of my system

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I think this is an important item to acquire ASAP

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I feel this might be important, but I’d like to know more

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • Not really that important

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

slicki

Enthusiast
answers

1.What kinds test patterns should be offered by such a HDMI Test Pattern Generator?
Sorry, I'm not educated enough to answer.
2.What type of audio outputs and audio test signals should be provided ?
Digital coaxa and optical. Upto 7.1. Support and detect DDHD and DTS-HD (once finalized of course)?

3.What other features and /or connectivity should be offered ?
Great examples for a novice of how to use and interpret THEN i'd be interested.

4.What would be the most you’d be willing to spend for such a device, assuming that it provided high quality output signals at various resolutions including 1080p ?
$300. But I'd need to be convinced of a need.

A

auge.dog

Junior Audioholic
1. What kinds test patterns should be offered by such a HDMI Test Pattern Generator? I am not familiar with this process.

2. What type of audio outputs and audio test signals should be provided ?
Dolby, DTS, 5.1, 6.1, 7.1

3. What other features and /or connectivity should be offered ? A way to determine the best audio connections for your system.

4. What would be the most you’d be willing to spend for such a device, assuming that it provided high quality output signals at various resolutions including 1080p ? I'd have to know more about what I am purchasing before I could provide an informed answer.

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
1. What kinds test patterns should be offered by such a HDMI Test Pattern Generator?

i dont know,

dont know

3. What other features and /or connectivity should be offered ?

no idea

4. What would be the most you’d be willing to spend for such a device, assuming that it provided high quality output signals at various resolutions including 1080p ?

probobly 100 bucks

B

Boeckelmann

Audiophyte
1. What kinds test patterns should be offered by such a HDMI Test Pattern Generator? DVE test patterns

2. What type of audio outputs and audio test signals should be provided ? Avia test cd

3. What other features and /or connectivity should be offered ? USB in addition to standard RS-232 options

4. What would be the most you’d be willing to spend for such a device, assuming that it provided high quality output signals at various resolutions including 1080p ? $200

V

varkeast

Junior Audioholic
1. What kinds test patterns should be offered by such a HDMI Test Pattern Generator?

A checkerboard to test 1:1 pixel mapping, convergence, overscan, color bars

6.1 white noise for chanel balancing

VGA/Component ouputs to setup all aspects of tv

4. What would be the most you’d be willing to spend for such a device, assuming that it provided high quality output signals at various resolutions including 1080p ?
around $350-$450

Last edited by a moderator:
bwood

bwood

Enthusiast

im not sure, i have no experience with these

should have toslink or coax spdif and test speaker levels

other video connections other than just hdmi

around 200, but someone who uses it more would def pay 500+ for a good device im sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis