Enter to Win: 3-Play System from Impact Acoustics

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eb1

Audiophyte
Like: good layout so far; looks ready for next phase improvements.
Improve: more detailed product specs; better images of product's exterior details.

F

fxs111

Audiophyte
impact acoustics site

Things that I like:
I like the ease in which on can navigate easily to the areas of interest.
I also like the customer feedback area.

Things that could be improved:
Technical support section is a little weak. You might offer links to some of the manufacturer sites for products that you represent.
I know the sex sells but what do fish-net stockings have to do with audio cables?

R

Robert Miller

Audiophyte
Enter contest & my opinions.... Thank you.

After a rather thorough review of the site... I would say ths:

Good:

1. Much info and excellent reviews
2. Wide RANGE of audio equipment and support equipment is covered

Bad:

1. Home page is vastly over-crowded... Needs to open-up... more attractive page would create greater desire to continue exploring the site. presently, the impression is that it will take time and work to find or explore items of interest.
2. Too many advertisements.. again taking away from the sense of usefulness, and delivering a messsage that they are not here to serve their customers, but rather their own bottom line.

Thaks for the opportunity to comment.

Robert E. Miller
millersail@cox.net

P

PAW

Audioholic Intern
Good
Easy to navigate
Contact info easy to find
The pages included pics of connector ends

Bad
You should document the bandwidth or max resolution
Pages need enlarge or zoom picture function

D

dekiel

Audiophyte
Contest Question: Impact Acoustics has recently updated their site and they want your feedback. Please visit www.impactacoustics.com and tell them the two things you like about the site and two things you think could be improved. Some areas to focus on include the look and feel of the site, navigation, ease of finding desired products, missing or desired information, etc.

I think this is an excellent way to have me actually look at your site and know what you offer instead of just entering for the prize. The site looks fine, similar to a thousand other sites but of course now I know where to find the cables and connectors I will be needing. Thanks dfor the opportumity.

F

fireshoes

Enthusiast
Tom Andry said:
Contest Question: Impact Acoustics has recently updated their site and they want your feedback. Please visit www.impactacoustics.com and tell them the two things you like about the site and two things you think could be improved. Some areas to focus on include the look and feel of the site, navigation, ease of finding desired products, missing or desired information, etc.
The main page seems cluttered/too busy to me. Also I don't like how the whole site is pillar-boxed. Expanding the pages to fill the whole screen would probably help out the problem with the main page too. I would also like to be able to get bigger pictures of the products.

Once I got past the first page, I found the site easy to navigate. The products are nicely catagorized. I like having the thumbnail picture next to each product, along with the short description, with more info available when you click on the link.

I was unfamiliar with Impact Acoustics prior to this visit, but am impressed by the products that are available. Very nice.

D

Dank

Audioholic Intern
Everything appears easy to find. The opening page looks very professional. I would recommend making the first page a little less busy. When I check out with a product I notice I need to "estimate shipping". It is extremely necessary that I have the exact total before I confirm purchase. I would make this change.

H

HiRez1394

Junior Audioholic
Impact Acoustics Website

Things I like about the site:
1. Variety of product selection.
2. Organiztion of product listing.
3. Informative IA Knowledge section.

Two things I would favor:
1. Larger font size. The current font size is generally too small, making it harder than necessary to read the site's text.
2. New product consideration: If it is technically feasible without any compromise in audio fidelity, I would like to see a digital audio converter with a IEEE-1394 FIREWIRE 4-Pin (S400) input and both TOSLINK optical and S/PDIF coaxial outputs, each capable of passing native SACD (DSD) and DVD-Audio (MLP) digital bitstreams or whatever format, perhaps one or more varieties of PCM, a universal SACD/DVD-Audio flagship player (e.g., Pioneer Elite DV-79AVi, Yamaha DVD-S2500, and Denon DVD-5910) acting as a digital audio transport would otherwise transmit via a FIREWIRE output.

Last edited:
H

happyguy

Audiophyte
I like the look and layout of your site. Very professional and easy to navigate. The fonts are on the smaller side but they don't bother me. I did run into a few issues when searching using the search box in the upper left corner of the site. I might consider using another search product. The only other issue are the pictures of items. I would like the ability to get larger pictures.

F

Fratt70

Enthusiast
Nice site, did not like the font and it seemed too crowded. I did like the information that you put on the site and oganization of the catagories.

A

auge.dog

Junior Audioholic
Ups - 1. Easy to find what I'm looking for.
2. Good product descriptions and info

Downs - 1. Too much info on homepage
2. Need some picture diagrams that illustrate connection options.

O

off2europe

Audiophyte
I like the Quick buy function where it makes it quicker for me to buy what I want. In the day of want it now, I don't have to search the site. I also like the top functions of help. Quickness is what I like.

The only things I think you can work on is that the site is cluttered when it first comes up. Simplify the launch page ease the customer into it. Then have them open a page with what shows. More color. Nothing frilly, but more color to ease the eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis