Enter to Win: 3-Play System from Impact Acoustics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
The Impact Acoustics team wants you to win. To that end, two (2) random winners will be selected from folks discussing the topic described below to receive a complete 3-Play system including one 3-Play High Performance Component Video/Digital Audio Selector, four 6ft Velocity Component Video Cables and four 2m Velocity Toslink Optical Digital Cables (valued at over $280)!

Click for more information on the 3-play system.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the following question in this contest thread.

Contest Question: Impact Acoustics has recently updated their site and they want your feedback. Please visit www.impactacoustics.com and tell them the two things you like about the site and two things you think could be improved. Some areas to focus on include the look and feel of the site, navigation, ease of finding desired products, missing or desired information, etc.

Note this contest ends on April 30th, 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jfaudio

Enthusiast
Comments about the site.

Hi Guys,

I m pretty new on this site. I found it while trying to get info on HDTV ( i m planning to buy sometimes...). So my remarks may concern things that were already there is the previous site layout.

To answer your questions :
2 things I like about your site (bookmarked at the first visit, it's a good sign) :

1- The top icons : forum, professional product reviews, consumer reviews...
They are big enough, quick and easy to access.
2- The top part of the left "bar" with "get an AV education and read review : the reviews are sorted so unlike many site you don't have to go sequentially, by date, to find tests on specific item.
==> Overall, the information you look for is usually quickly reached.

2 things I like less...

The "Audioholic Featured Articles" take too much space on the page. May be you should get smaller pic and less text and use only the right part .
That would allow you to put the "Daily news" higher in the page.
The way it is today, when you arrive on the main page, the first thing you see are the featured articles which don't change every day.
So at a 1st glance you have the impression that there is nothing new on the site.
Also going to older news is not "easy" : you get a screen with a link per week.
It would be nicer to get the week date and under, the title of each news which you can click to get the full text.
(Example : http://www.clubic.com/journal-0-0-0-0-0-actualite.html sorry it s not english but the only important thing is the layout !).

Regarding the Recommended AV systems, you should put the date of the articles (some of them have the update date : eg the 5000$ is about 1 year old (!)) .
And ho pleeeease for the 3000$ AV installation, please put a 40+ inches screen instead of the 30 one !!!

Anyway, the site is really good, I actually browse it nearly every day (an rss feed soon ?).

Thank you,
JF

[Sorry, I worded the question poorly. The responses are supposed to be about the Impact Acoustics site. Your entry is still valid because the fault was mine. If you feel like commenting on the Impact site, they would appeciate it. - Tom]

B

BobBart

Audioholic
I like the way the reviews are set up, very easy to find.
I also like the detailed pictures for products and the detailed description.

I don't care for the block on the side for customer's reviews. It seems that websites only show the good customer reviews and no bad ones so they mean little to me.

I would like to see some real proof in picture quality difference between your cheaper and more expensive cables.

[Sorry, I worded the question poorly. The responses are supposed to be about the Impact Acoustics site. Your entry is still valid because the fault was mine. If you feel like commenting on the Impact site, they would appeciate it. - Tom]

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Contest Question: We have recently updated our site and we want your feedback. Tell us two things you like about the site and two things you think could be improved. Some areas to focus on include the look and feel of the site, navigation, ease of finding desired products, missing or desired information, etc.
The good:

(1) I like the site. lots of product pictures and it's easy to look at for long periods of time. (some sites are very hard for me to stay on, very distracting layouts, bad colors...)

(2)You seem to have all the basic product info one would need at first glance.

The bad:

(1) A simple to use chart explaning what type of cable provides better preformance.

(2) ??? I'll let tou know.

B

bearearz

Junior Audioholic
One 3-play System,Impact Acoustics-Please.............

Question: We have recently updated our site and we want your feedback. Tell us two things you like about the site and two things you think could be improved. Some areas to focus on include the look and feel of the site, navigation, ease of finding desired products, missing or desired information, etc.
A: Good coverage of material.Well thought out,and easy to navegate.Would like to see more graphics/photo's as well as compairitive product evaluations.

S

Svenhook

Audioholic
Impact Acoustics has recently updated their site and they want your feedback. Please visit www.impactacoustics.com and tell them the two things you like about the site and two things you think could be improved. Some areas to focus on include the look and feel of the site, navigation, ease of finding desired products, missing or desired information, etc.:
Like:
1.I love the colors and they way it looks
2. I defintly love the quick links on the side
Dislike
1. Not a big fan of the large ads at the top of the page
2. More pics are always a good thing

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
Things I Like:

1. Appearance
2. Ease of Navigation

Things I'd change

1. Maybe put the clearance items in the navigation bar on the top of the main page
2. Dont know if it was your site or my connection, but the pages seemed to load rather slow. Could be due to traffic, good thing for you guys!

K

kleinwl

Audioholic
Things I don't like:
1) Home page too busy - cut out the deal inquiry splash on the bottom and the index on the left (you already have the whole page as an index) - keep the search

2) Prices - seems high compared to monoprice... yet doesn't show me why this stuff is better than monoprice's stuff.

1) Pictures!!! I love all the pictures of the equipment
2) Tech Support!! Very nice to have....

B

BOSS10L

Enthusiast
Things I Like:

Ease of Navigation
Pictures of each item
"Customer Favorites" and "Other helpful items" on the right side
IA Kowledge links - good for audio n00bs like me :D

Things I'd change:

Put a sale/clearance items in the navigation bar on the top of the main page
Put alternate view pics of items in description, users can click on to see if they need to

T

tylerdurden

Audioholic Intern
I like it, it's super easy to navigate and everything is easy to find. I really like the ask a live expert feature, you might think about adding a (gasp) forum in addition to the live expert and faq's. The only thing I might improve on is a suggestive selling feature similar to the one Amazon uses.

L

LCRush

Audioholic Intern
1. The colors; red, black and white works for me. Legible
2. The navigation bar on the left, makes it less likely to have to do a search

Dislikes:
1. Too busy. I cannot really explain it.
2. Don't like the ad at the top. It is distracting rather than useful or meaningful for me.

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
Like:
1. Good layout of home page, enables quick access to broad topic areas
2. Good navigation buttons on the bottom of the product pages

Improvements
1. Remove duplication of main section of home page and nav bar on the left
2. Banner ads

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Website ideas

I like the quality level page describing the diffent product lines.
The customer reviews and AH articles are also helpful for prospective buyers.

If the top menu icons were larger, it would be more obvious that they could be used for navigation.
Also, with the long list of adapters, a parametric search function might be useful. Perhaps you could select the connector on one side, and a drop down of the other connector end would show up with features like quality and product line to narrow the list of resulting part numbers.

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
i like the layout, its easy to navigate, and i like how the search works.

i dont like the color scheme.. it makes the site look sort of cheap.

could use a home button on top.

F

Fierce Mice

Audioholic Intern
I like:
1. Quick links to product areas
2. Good pictures of products.

I think can be improved:
1. No mobile option (loads VERY slowly on my phone).
2. Site homepage is too busy (access to links could be hidden / revealed with mousover, for example)

P

paintrodsey

Enthusiast
1. Its easy to find cables you want
The tech support part is good.

2. A wider selection
A better search.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I like the main page a lot with how well it directs people to some of the most popular products. Very simple to find what you need in those groups.

I also like the top information bar which helps customers feel better about the company with good information, contact info, etc. so that they can work into your products with confidence.

I am not as thrilled with the colors of the site and the black, white, and dark grey leave a bit of 'zing' to be desired.

I also was looking for a way to click on the thumbnail product photos for some high resolution versions, but I was left with the small pic of the image only. Wish I could see a nice big photo to allow me a good look at what I'm thinking of buying.

J

jrfuda

Audioholic Intern
Tom Andry said:
Contest Question: Impact Acoustics has recently updated their site and they want your feedback. Please visit www.impactacoustics.com and tell them the two things you like about the site and two things you think could be improved. Some areas to focus on include the look and feel of the site, navigation, ease of finding desired products, missing or desired information, etc.
The site looks great and was very easy to navigate. I do not remember the site's old navigation, but I do remember its look, and the new look is a big improvement. The product descriptions were very thorough and the "other helpful items" selection were relavent.

The Numenorian

The Numenorian

Junior Audioholic
As far as websites go, this one ranks pretty high.

However, the front page looks way too busy. I like going to websites that have a very nice, near-textless intro page from which I can direct myself to the proper section (although a retailer like yourself might not want to isolate your products like this). Try making use of a full 1024x768 monitor's viewing area, too (width). And if you can, make the color sceme lighter.

Aesthetics aside, it'd be nice to see less categories of products, and more products in less categories.

millerbrad

millerbrad

Enthusiast
GOOD:
1) I like being able to access everything with one click. Despite what alot of others say, I don't think it's too busy.
2) Flash animation sure is pretty.

NOT SO GOOD:
1) Alot of the graphics seem pixelated and blocky. (i.e. "Dealer Inquiries Invited...")
2) I'm not the biggest fan of static-width webpages. Make that sucker expand to fill the entire width in my browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis