Enter to Win: 15% off the price of any one Carada product!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Carada wants your opinion!

Carada is giving away a coupon worth 15% off the price of any one Carada product to five (5) randomly selected eligible winners. The coupon must be used within 6 months of the drawing date.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence, (3) Answer the following questions in this contest thread.

Contest Questions:
1. Do you feel like their new Masquerade motorized masking system packaged with a screen for under $3,000 would be a good value?

2. Please rank the following characteristics related to a masking system in order of importance to you:

Ease of installation

Engineering

Price

Adaptability to screen brands other than Carada

Aesthetic appeal

Overall size​

3. Have you considered purchasing a masking system from another manufacturer in the past? If so, what factors caused you not to purchase a masking system?

See Carada.com for information on their current product lineup.​

Note this contest ends on October 31st 2007. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TVJon

Audioholic
1. Do you feel like their new Masquerade motorized masking system packaged with a screen for under $3,000 would be a good value?

I went to the Carada.com website to look at the product - nice implementation as I would expect. Carada built its online reputation by achieving high quality at a reasonable cost. My initial reaction is that the company's pricing of this unit follows that strategy, but I would ultimately judge whether it's a "good value" by rating its price, quality and features against competing systems. I haven't started researching this yet (but will now.)

2. Please rank the following characteristics related to a masking system in order of importance to you:

1 Aesthetic appeal

2 Engineering

3 Overall size

4 Price

5 Ease of installation

6 Adaptability to screen brands other than Carada

3. Have you considered purchasing a masking system from another manufacturer in the past? If so, what factors caused you not to purchase a masking system?

No. I didn't know they existed. But then again, I'm just now building my room, shopping for projectors and screens and hanging out in the audioholics.com forum to learn as much as I can.

TVJon

JessyMcK

JessyMcK

Audioholic Intern
1. Do you feel like their new Masquerade motorized masking system packaged with a screen for under $3,000 would be a good value?---Yes

3 Ease of installation

1 Engineering

2 Price

6 Adaptability to screen brands other than Carada

4 Aesthetic appeal

5 Overall size

3. Have you considered purchasing a masking system from another manufacturer in the past? If so, what factors caused you not to purchase a masking system?---No

E

enodog

Audiophyte
Enodog's opinon

Contest Questions:

yes

Aesthetic Appeal
Overall Size
Engineering
Ease of installation

No

Anagoge

Anagoge

Junior Audioholic
1. It seems like a reasonable deal, but I'm only considering motorized roll-down screens at the moment, since my theater room is also my living room (the screen would be "temporary"), so it wouldn't interest me personally.

Engineering
Price
Aesthetic appeal
Ease of installation
Overall size

3. No, I have not looked at competing products.

A

aznshadoboy77

Audiophyte
1. It looks like it would be handy if I had a projector and screen, but it seems like a large chunk of money to put down on what seems to be sort of unnecessary piece of equipment. I'd want to have a fairly expensive projector before I'd consider this sort of thing

Price

Aesthetic appeal

Ease of installation

Engineering

Overall size

At the moment I don't have a projector, so no.

K

kono144

Junior Audioholic
No if I purchased a projector for $3,000 or under. Yes if I purchased a projector for over $3000.

Ease of installation - 5

Engineering - 3

Price - 1

Adaptability to screen brands other than Carada - 4

Aesthetic appeal - 2

Overall size
3. Have you considered purchasing a masking system from another manufacturer in the past? If so, what factors caused you not to purchase a masking system? No.

T

tz4689

Audiophyte

From what I have seen of the other systems out there - yes. I do think a limited market for the product however. At 100" the black bars really don't bother me.

2. Aesthetic appeal
Ease of installation
Overall size
Engineering
Price

3. Have you considered purchasing a masking system from another manufacturer in the past? If so, what factors caused you not to purchase a masking system? As of yet have not - see #1 above

K

ktenn

Audiophyte

Not for me....factoring out a quality Carada screen in the $750 to $1000 that puts masking system at greater than $2K+. I think combo price point has to be under $2K for to open up to mid-level buyers.

3. Ease of installation

1. Engineering

2. Price

6. Adaptability to screen brands other than Carada

4. Aesthetic appeal

5. Overall size
3. Have you considered purchasing a masking system from another manufacturer in the past? If so, what factors caused you not to purchase a masking system? NO

C

Cozmo

Audioholic
Contest Questions

Considering the cost of their screens, the masking system adds a substantial amount. Especially if one is only planning to spend $2k or less on a projector.

Ease of installation (2)

Engineering (1)

Price (4)

Adaptability to screen brands other than Carada (5)

Aesthetic appeal (3)

Overall size (6)

No, I will be purchasing a fixed screen in the near future.

W

whubbard

Junior Audioholic
Yes, But i have to say that since I didn't know what It was...it might not be seen as a plus to consumers.

Ease of installation - 6

Engineering -1

Price - 3

Adaptability to screen brands other than Carada - 2

Aesthetic appeal - 4

Overall size - 5

No, I haven't actually even heard of this before...but I might look into it now.

B

bersik

Junior Audioholic
1. At $3000, I'd say its borderline. $2500 - $2750 is a pretty good value.

2. Engineering, Aesthetic appeal, Overall Size, Price, Adaptability, and Ease of Installation

3. I have not as of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis