Energy Speakers - Made in China now?

Y

Yamaheart

Full Audioholic
good 1

Where product is made is very relevant. Ignorance is bliss if you don't mind paying a premium for German precision made in Mexico or designer labels made beside the Zellers brand.

Aside from ethical and moral implications of supporting culture that doesn't value human rights (never mind any other creatures), you support the destruction of our manufacturing base and hurt the very economy on which we depend. What jobs you think replace well paid labour? Would you like fries with that? As for less expensive product, notice Energy lowering prices? I buy NOTHING from China or companies that source manufacturing from it (a challenge, but not impossible).

Personally, two family pets were lost to tainted food and I try not to poison my child with lead (we expunged it 30 years ago). If they don't care what goes into food or affects children, you think they care about the finish of your speakers?

The competitive advantage excuse is just that as Axiom and Paradigm make some of the world's best speakers at some of the most competitive prices. And if it's so expensive to produce in North America, someone should tell the Japanese who continuously expand production here, notably the most profitable automaker.

Consumers have the ultimate power with informed choice the only requisite.
I totally agreed with you on this. They also make food out of paper, what do u think your speakers are made out of? To my understanding that all the materials are from the company and the chinese is to put them together but you never know what the chinese might do it, exchange good one for bad....

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I totally agreed with you on this. They also make food out of paper, what do u think your speakers are made out of? To my understanding that all the materials are from the company and the chinese is to put them together but you never know what the chinese might do it, exchange good one for bad....
Not to defend the Chineese, but its the corportations who choose to work with the Chineese that are at fault with product QA. They should be held accountable just as much if not more than the Chineese. If it weren't for corporate greed, shareholder value BS, then this would have never started.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
Yep. It costs a fortune to build things like this in the U.S. American workers expect a lot of things from their employers, which drive the costs through the roof. These include free healthcare (ie: UAW),
That is an improper use of the adjetive "free". Healthcare is simply part of the compensation package.

I am just trying to say that there are EXCELLENT reasons why american companies outsource to other countries. They cannot afford to build it here!
but foreign companies can?

I think that the cost-savings to offshoring are generally overestimated.

R

russ_l

Audioholic Intern
China Yech

Hey, half the Coumadin (blood thinner) used by patients in the USA to prevent stroke, heart attack, etc. is imported from China, so why not speakers?

Oh, did I forget to mention that several months ago all the Coumadin from China was recalled because China was faking one of the ingredients they used and 70-80 people died here.:mad:

R-Carpenter

R-Carpenter

Audioholic
Unfortunately the problem with outsourcing is not that simple. Then a factory in NC closes down, workers get fired. The factory right next to it that use to make joiner and other woodworking equipment, closed down a month ago. The guy who use to calibrate metalworking equipment has nothing to calibrate any more. So, who's going to buy this wonderful Chinese manufactured speakers for $300 a pair?

DD66000

DD66000

Senior Audioholic
At the point in time when nafta was being proposed, many years ago, I, for one, was saying it would be the beginning of US economic ruin.
And that point has been brought up many times in this election year, with so many jobs shipped overseas.

Over and above Americans losing their jobs, most of what is coming in from China is junk.
One thing the Chinnese were caught doing was making Ti tweeters and painting them to look like Be tweeters, which would be much more expensive.

I won't buy any food that comes from China, certainly not with their track record on food these last few years. Then there is the use of lead paint on toys.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis