End of an era; thanks Pioneer, for the run of 30+ years

rsharp

rsharp

Audioholic
Last Pioneer item got replaced yesterday (SC-91 receiver). When I first started out in 1989, I had virtually everything being Pioneer. Exceptions were the main speakers and surround ones (Bose) along with VCRs (those were either Hitachi or Mitsubishi). Receivers, TVs (tube, rear-projection, plasma), CD players, laserdisc players through Blu-ray players, a smart remote and even once a powered sub were all Pioneer. Of course in more recent years, we've added components such as various Nintendo gaming systems and Apple TVs.

But due to Pioneer leaving certain markets and IMO, really declining in terms of having quality AV gear with feature sets I required, I've moved on to other brands. Now we have a mix-and-match:
  • Receiver: Marantz
  • TV: Sony
  • 4K Blu-ray player: Panasonic
  • Speakers & Subwoofer: B&W
  • Apple TV and various Nintendo systems remain
It was a bit odd at first when we got the Sony TV. Was enjoying Pioneer TVs for over 30 years. But the new features and tech with the new TV were most welcome.

So thank you, Pioneer, for the all the equipment I had the pleasure of using all these years. I do hope they'll one day find their way back. Until then, super happy with these other brands. There are so many brands to choose from these days and so many are making really nice and capable gear.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
Last Pioneer item got replaced yesterday (SC-91 receiver). When I first started out in 1989, I had virtually everything being Pioneer. Exceptions were the main speakers and surround ones (Bose) along with VCRs (those were either Hitachi or Mitsubishi). Receivers, TVs (tube, rear-projection, plasma), CD players, laserdisc players through Blu-ray players, a smart remote and even once a powered sub were all Pioneer. Of course in more recent years, we've added components such as various Nintendo gaming systems and Apple TVs.

But due to Pioneer leaving certain markets and IMO, really declining in terms of having quality AV gear with feature sets I required, I've moved on to other brands. Now we have a mix-and-match:
It was a bit odd at first when we got the Sony TV. Was enjoying Pioneer TVs for over 30 years. But the new features and tech with the new TV were most welcome.

So thank you, Pioneer, for the all the equipment I had the pleasure of using all these years. I do hope they'll one day find their way back. Until then, super happy with these other brands. There are so many brands to choose from these days and so many are making really nice and capable gear.
My Pioneer receiver is chugging along just fine after 10 years. Thanks to PIoneer for that as well.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
My Pioneer receiver is chugging along just fine after 10 years. Thanks to PIoneer for that as well.
WoW better then a Yamaha I had a few years just die for no reason was barely used .

I use there Andrew Jones tower speakers, never had anything else. Why did they leave the market? Still sold in places other than America?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis