EMPIRE Turntable,598 II , backwards "R" in nameplate?

W

walter227

Audiophyte
I have an Empire 598 "II" , and find it unusual that the "R" in "EMPIRE" is backwards..it`s a genuine Empire , labels affixed underneath.
Anyone have any info on this? Here`s a pic.

Any comments appreciated
Thanks!
Walt

Attachments

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
walter227 said:
I have an Empire 598 "II" , and find it unusual that the "R" in "EMPIRE" is backwards..it`s a genuine Empire , labels affixed underneath.
Any comments appreciated
Thanks!
Walt

I don't have 'The' answer for you, but I have a vague memory of seeing that . Perhaps it was their way of copyrighting their name or logo?

W

walter227

Audiophyte
I found others on ebay with letter the right way?
Same unit.
Thanks..Anyone else?

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
walter227 said:

Any comments appreciated
Thanks!
Walt
They used two variants of the their logo. The one you have is one of them. Here is an example of the logo you have, on one of their phono cartridges:

-Chris

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
I always wondered why they did this, sometimes I would order two of the supposedly same cartridge and one would have it backwards and the other wouldn't. Language problem?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
hemiram said:
I always wondered why they did this, sometimes I would order two of the supposedly same cartridge and one would have it backwards and the other wouldn't. Language problem?

Maybe it came from that parallel universe? :D

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
Sounds like a good guess! Companies do weird stuff so often nothing surprises me much anymore.

Kind of like those funny translated Japanese to English manuals a lot of stuff used to come with. They couldn't pay someone that spoke English as a first language a hundred bucks to rewrite the manual? I have a couple of manuals for ham radio stuff that have some really bizarre made up words. Some are pretty comical.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis