EMP Impression Speaker

N

nsahoo

Audiophyte
The sensitivity of these speakers seem low at 87db, compared to say an RC70 (95db). So, what kind of receiver I should use with these?

A

AH Store Admin1

Banned
Introductory Sale ends Thursday

FYI - the introductory sale on the EMP Impression Speakers will expire Thursday 9/17 at noon EST as these are simply selling out too quickly at current prices.

A

AH Store Admin1

Banned
UPDATE: EMP Impression Sale Extended

UPDATE: I just heard from EMP that the introductory sale on the EMP Impression Speakers will NOT be ending tomorrow. This is great news for anyone considering these speakers that would like to hear some more "impressions" before pulling the trigger.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Thus far, I have been impressed with Audioholic's integrity, but with the "buy now, or lose out" hype of the "sale ending date", followed by a "oops, we were wrong", it is certainly understandable for people to begin wondering if this is all one big marketing ploy.

Tom Andry is doing a detailed review as we speak and has both speakers in his posession.
This was 9/3/09. It sounded like we would have a pro review with-in a day or two. I run a test lab, and would be the last person to rush data collection; but it has been two weeks. Can't someone offer a reason for the delay or give an expected completion date.

At this point my own (and I would think anyone's) suspicions of problems are running pretty strong.

Thanks,
Kurt

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Thus far, I have been impressed with Audioholic's integrity, but with the "buy now, or lose out" hype of the "sale ending date", followed by a "oops, we were wrong", it is certainly understandable for people to begin wondering if this is all one big marketing ploy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene
Tom Andry is doing a detailed review as we speak and has both speakers in his posession.

This was 9/3/09. It sounded like we would have a pro review with-in a day or two. I run a test lab, and would be the last person to rush data collection; but it has been two weeks. Can't someone offer a reason for the delay or give an expected completion date.

At this point my own (and I would think anyone's) suspicions of problems are running pretty strong.

Thanks,
Kurt
You're absolutely right Kurt. I would RUN not walk away from this deal or any other deal offered on the Audioholics E-store if I were you. It's simply too risky for you to try, and I highly recommend considering alternatives from: Axiom, Aperion, or SVS. Those are all solid companies with a history of selling products at retail and not offering hype driven sales as a ploy to flood the market with a new product from a new un-established company. Thanks for bringing up your concerns, and by all means, PLEASE consider buying another brand! We never recommend buying a product or a service you don't feel comfortable about buying. There are so many good alternatives out there.... all of which admittedly have a much better marketing strategy than EMP thus far...hence the beauty of the FREE marketplace and the consumers right to choose.

As for the review, we don't rush reviews just b/c the product is sold thru the AH E-store. Tom has a lot of other products on his plate so the review will come out when he gets to it. Sorry for the confusion if we misled you into thinking the review was coming that quickly.

A

AH Store Admin1

Banned
Kurt,

Manufacturers can only keep up with a certain level of demand before they run out of product. Due to the initial success of this speaker line at the introductory price, certain speakers or finishes could temporarily sell out. When this happens, it will be hard to offer 5.1 packages and customers will be unhappy if faced with a backorder situation. As such, the sale will eventually end on some of the products if supplies become too low.

Production is obviously going to be ramped up to keep up with demand. We heard the sale would have to end on Thursday at noon and wanted anyone considering these at the introductory price to have the opportunity to think about it, clear it with their significant other, whatever the case. As soon as we heard the sale would not be ending we posted an update so people would not feel rushed. It really isn't up to the Audioholics store, so please don't shoot the messenger :)

Will

J

jamie2112

Banned
They look great and I am really having a hard time wrestling with buying a pair of these or not.I am glad the price is staying so low.They seem like a great deal,but I wanna hear Tom's view first.....$400 is stupid cool if these are as good as the reviews so far...

F

farrow099

Audioholic Intern
Glad to see a few people have found this useful. I know many forum members both here and at avsforum were claiming that the audioholics reviews were biased due to the fact that these are sold on the audioholics store.

I did not find this to be the case and I hope this helps alleviate some of those concerns.

A

audioholic212

Audioholic
Who cares if they are sold on the Audioholics store. I still think they are pretty awesome for the money. I brought it from them when they (e5Ti's - not e55Ti's) were 400/pair and bought three of them (center is a floorstanding too).

For me, they mixed with DUAL HSU VTF-2's pretty good. Loving the DUALs and EMP's right now.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis