EMP Black Friday Sale!

ousooner2

ousooner2

Full Audioholic
Hey fella's, just posting this here in case anyone is looking for a new set of 'budget' speakers. They don't look like they should be priced at this...or their full retail price. They certainly don't sound like they should be anywhere near this price either!

EMP Tek 2013 Holiday Sales Event

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
OU, ready for an odd question?

Do you think you could do a measurement of your e56ci for me? From the pictures it looks like it's got a pretty steep slope on the top. The cabinet I currently have in which to hold the center is only a hair more than 7.5" tall. How far from the front baffle is the height 7.5"?

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja

Do you think you could do a measurement of your e56ci for me? From the pictures it looks like it's got a pretty steep slope on the top. The cabinet I currently have in which to hold the center is only a hair more than 7.5" tall. How far from the front baffle is the height 7.5"?
Since the center is 10.5" deep, you can nail a 12-14" deep plack to the cabinet. This will give you a protruding ledge on which to place the center without having to worry about the point where it will hit the top.

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
Since the center is 10.5" deep, you can nail a 12-14" deep plack to the cabinet. This will give you a protruding ledge on which to place the center without having to worry about the point where it will hit the top.
This is a good idea I will keep in mind, but space in between myself and the TV is at a premium in my room, so I'll still need to know just how far forward it'll need to be.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Wasn't the 1010 subwoofer $299 last sale? $249 is a good deal for that sub, a pair of them for $500 is my low budget pick until the sale is over...

S

seomarket

Enthusiast
Ah gorgeous just what I was waiting for. Now I only gotta pull the trigger.

Marshall_Guthrie

Marshall_Guthrie

Audioholics Videographer Extraordinaire
Wasn't the 1010 subwoofer $299 last sale? $249 is a good deal for that sub, a pair of them for $500 is my low budget pick until the sale is over...
Over a single SVS-1000? I think for music, you're dead on, but even lacking the benefit of dual subs, a single SVS would be the choice for a movie fan.

ousooner2

ousooner2

Full Audioholic
Bummer... The E-41 are not included in the sale.
Yeah I know! I wish they still have the E-41b. I'd snatch them up for a PC setup

Let me get that real quick....

Edit: Grador, the point at which the height is 7.5" front the front is just shy 3.75" front the front baffle (4" with the grille on). So you'd only have that much sticking out. Are you able to wall mount the tv? It looks pretty killer below a tv on the stand! They have 10.5" depth for the e56ci, but I measure closer to 10"

Yeah..$299/ea last year. I've talked with 2 people so far that have the e1010i. One has duals and the other has the rw-12d like I have. The guy with the Klipsch says e1010i vs. rw-12d...the rw-12d is slightly louder, but doesn't sound as tight or have the sound quality that the e1010i has. He said the e1010i sounds smoother (i'm assuming less peaky, but that could be more than just sub response..ie room response), but for $250/ea they look amazing that's for sure. I wish they'd do a dual 12 already!! RBH has a dual 12" so maybe they can get some cabinets from them to trickle down. I'd kill for a cabinet like that. I've even thought about trying it out and maybe putting a different plate amp on the e1010i with some different subs that call for around the same enclosure volume. Could be pretty fun to mess around with.

Ah gorgeous just what I was waiting for. Now I only gotta pull the trigger.
They really are gorgeous looking. Sound incredible too...especially after EQ'ing the tweeters response up a few db's.

Over a single SVS-1000? I think for music, you're dead on, but even lacking the benefit of dual subs, a single SVS would be the choice for a movie fan.
I'm sure lower end response (<30hz) isn't close, but even for movies the pb-1000 isn't really going to pressurize a room unless it's rather small. It might dig deeper, but it's still not at a very high spl so it's not like you're getting a ton of output down there. Maybe my thinking is incorrect here. It sure would be nice to have some real world numbers on the e1010i.

Last edited:
ousooner2

ousooner2

Full Audioholic
Thanks Marshall. I forgot about that. Now I need to find some numbers for the rw-12d lol. I guess I could do them myself, but I'm not sure which correction numbers to use for my Ratshack digital SPL meter :(

ousooner2

ousooner2

Full Audioholic
Sub list.JPG

A list I made of some budget subs compared to some $500-800 subs

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Based purely on frequency response measure in the Audioholics and AVhub reviews, the JBL holds a flatter curve to 20hz, but man, does it lose in the looks dept. JBL definitely gambles with aesthetics from time to time, and that sub is no exception.
Reason I want it. The reason I'm not sure I want it.:Dcan't even put a bobble head on top of it.:mad:;)

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis