Emotiva Ultra 12 Subwoofer is released

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Just got an email from Emotiva that they have released the Ultra 12 Subs.

http://emotiva.com/ultra_subs.shtm

The new Ultra Sub 10 and Ultra Sub 12 powered subwoofers are designed to bring out the best in your home theater and two channel music systems. Deep, powerful, and accurate, the Ultra Sub 10 and Ultra Sub 12 deliver authoritative low frequency performance while maintaining musical accuracy and detail. We’ve engineered all new high performance drive units with a die cast aluminum frames for enhanced power handling and absolute structural integrity. Our new high efficiency power amplifiers coupled with our sophisticated dynamics processing circuitry redefine performance expectations at these price points.

Like all Emotiva products, construction quality is excellent, with highest quality materials and finishes used throughout. Their compact cabinet size and affordability make the Ultra Sub 10 and the Ultra Sub 12 an ideal choice for systems employing multiple subwoofers. For smaller rooms and perfect integration with bookshelf style speakers, we highly recommend the Ultra Sub 10. For use in larger rooms, or for systems where maximum low frequency extension and output is critical, the Ultra Sub 12 is the perfect choice.
Sales

Ultra 10 - reg $399 - sale $349
Ultra 12 - reg $599 - sale $499

They are not much to look at but in a dark room who will care. The seem a little low in power specs for a sealed design but I guess we will need to see when someone gets one.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Maybe Dan will throw one our way *cough dave* to play with on a tree style:D

Im up for paying shipping;)

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
What ever happened to their dual subs with external amp?

majorloser

majorloser

What ever happened to their dual subs with external amp?
It's still out there. The "Ultra" line is actually a lower level of product. They are releasing these subs first since they have a new line of Ultra speakers that will be in the same product line.

I was told that some of the features that came up during the development of the UMC-1 and XMC-1 will end up finding their way into the GUI of the dual sub controller.

majorloser

majorloser

Maybe Dan will throw one our way *cough dave* to play with on a tree style:D

Im up for paying shipping;)
I'll see what I can do. You arrange a date for a GTG and we might be able to work something out. :)

Z

Zaluss

Audioholic
I still have yet to try any Emotiva product though when the time comes and my Hafler finally gives its last breath I'll have to invest in a UPA-2 or XPA-2 depending if I'm feeling generous to my audio budget.

I wonder how this sub will perform.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis