Emotiva Sat Speakers Closeout

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah got email too. Both -3dB at 80, so probably want a sub with them, but good prices.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah got email too. Both -3dB at 80, so probably want a sub with them, but good prices.
Would be interesting to see how the Micca 42X holds up next to them

The Sat actually did better than the rated bass specs

The Sat’s listening-window response measures +1.41/–4.19 dB from 200 Hz to 10 kHz. The –3-dB point is at 65 Hz, and the –6-dB point is at 59 Hz. Impedance reaches a minimum of 5.08 ohms at 298 Hz and a phase angle of –58.93° at 139 Hz.
Read more at https://www.soundandvision.com/content/emotiva-basx-system-review-test-bench#uEbmbwQ0s2RHj2Rq.99

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Interesting that the LCR is -6dB near where the Sat is -3dB.

Went ahead and ordered a pair of the Sats :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
We have a lot going on this weekend unfortunately with a funeral, but I was able to give them a listen for a little bit yesterday. They are pretty solid. I'd say they best both the Miccas and the BS22LR. They're close to the size of the 42x but have a bit more bass; IMO they still need a sub though. The mids retrieve as much detail and give a really wide, 3 dimensional image that, like the 42x, is surprising for their size. The top end is not razor sharp with detail, but is still nice and crisp and gives a good presentation without being harsh, though it is brighter than the BS22. The mids have a relatively flat presentation, but detail is good and male vocals were rendered well. I wasn't able to get them to 100% disappear and generate a "singer is standing in front of you" kind of imaging with them, that would take some time to dial in IMO; I think they are capable of it. They seem to like a tad wider spacing with some toe-in. They blend easily with the sub and I believe the -3dB rating they've been given. I was able to push them pretty loud without breakup too.

Build quality and cabinet feels significantly better than the Miccas and more solid than the BS22, likely due to the smaller cabinet. Finish is subtle and nice and they feel like a quality speaker to me. Thumbs up to these guys.

G

GFOViedo

Audioholic
So these would do a good job for surround and surround back purpose?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
From afar these look like a miniature JBL 580's. This would be a nice budget setup 2.1/5.1 with their 8 inch sub(199.00) in a medium size room. Thank for the write up JG.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis