Emotiva - On the Road

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Went today and had a lot of fun. It was quite a bit larger than I expected, with quite a few people showing up. It was cool to see and hear all the gear and get to meet some of the Emotiva crew. My take away: DIRAC is very nice. Second take away: bringing the manufacturing back to the US :cool: I wasn't expecting the raffle and they gave away some really nice stuff.

I'll also have to bite my tongue on this one because I give the Polk LSis a hard time. The stereo demo room featured a pair of LSiM 707 towers and they're considerably improved over the LSis.

Thanks to Emotiva for putting on a fun event. Looking forward to more of them.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
J I have gone to a few of them including an emofest, very very nice time for sure... Its hard to believe the turnout they get, even the boston even that I thought was going to be dead' was full and busy, but dan and his wife still made time to talk to us for an hour or so, and I got a great deal on another xda2.... plus a couple free hats, I really went to hear the new dac {when the pro model was new before its release} and I did, and it sounded just like the xda2, lol.. so I bought that...

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I went to the emofest roadshow last year as I was hopping to se the XMC-1 Pre/Pro...obviously that didn't happen, but it was a good show and I ended up buying the Airmotiv 4 Powered speakers for my desktop which I enjoy very much. They were giving really good deals for people who attended the show as I saved quite a bit.

Was going to go this year, but I was at San Diego Comic Con (NERD ALERT)

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I went to the emofest roadshow last year as I was hopping to se the XMC-1 Pre/Pro...obviously that didn't happen, but it was a good show and I ended up buying the Airmotiv 4 Powered speakers for my desktop which I enjoy very much. They were giving really good deals for people who attended the show as I saved quite a bit.

Was going to go this year, but I was at San Diego Comic Con (NERD ALERT)
I have a booth at this years Prov. comic con, well I will know if I have it by wednesday..

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, I got to hear the XPR-1 driving those LSiMs, with a stand alone version of DIRAC in a fully balanced system. That room impressed me the most. XPR-1 are beasts I tell you. Got to see and hear the XPA-1L, which I've considered a pair of.

Got to see and hear the XMC-1 and I was pretty darned impressed with it, though I really would rather have won one than have to buy one
(yes, they gave one away!). XMC-1 on the top there. An XPR-5 and some 1Ls for power and an Oppo in there.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
On the road again
Like a band of gypsies we go down the highway
We're the best of friends
Insisting that the world keep turning our way and our way

Sorry the lyric just stuck in my head

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GIEGAR

Full Audioholic
Hi j_garcia, thanks for sharing the fun.

Did they have any Stealth monitors there?

Those Stealth 6's... accurate, adjustable and 100+110 watts on-board for $399 each? I can't believe people aren't all over 'em.

They do have a face only a mother could love, though... :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They did have the entire powered monitor line there and we got to hear most of them. The room they were in was configured to show mostly the electronics and was boomy though, so it sort of skewed the listening because you couldn't get a good feel for the midrange capabilities. Tweeters sounded very nice though. The Stealth 8 was LARGE. I don't mind the look, but definitely not a high WAF sort of speaker :)

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
Too bad the road doesn't take Emotiva to Seattle. They just started the Bay Area after I moved out of there!!

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
Well, I got to hear the XPR-1 driving those LSiMs, with a stand alone version of DIRAC in a fully balanced system. That room impressed me the most. XPR-1 are beasts I tell you. Got to see and hear the XPA-1L, which I've considered a pair of.

Got to see and hear the XMC-1 and I was pretty darned impressed with it, though I really would rather have won one than have to buy one :D (yes, they gave one away!). XMC-1 on the top there. An XPR-5 and some 1Ls for power and an Oppo in there.
Did they also have the XMC-1 in a 2-channel set up?

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Did they also have the XMC-1 in a 2-channel set up?
No, but from what Dan was saying, that unit was built with 2ch in mind for those who want the best of both worlds. The room with the 2ch was the laptop as the source feeding the Stealth DAC and DIRAC was running on the laptop.

G

GIEGAR

Full Audioholic
They did have the entire powered monitor line there and we got to hear most of them. The room they were in was configured to show mostly the electronics and was boomy though, so it sort of skewed the listening because you couldn't get a good feel for the midrange capabilities. Tweeters sounded very nice though. The Stealth 8 was LARGE. I don't mind the look, but definitely not a high WAF sort of speaker :)
Thanks j. Good to know you liked the airmotiv tweeters. :)

I'm toying with the idea of a 6's for LCR short-term. Then 8's later on for LCR in a larger (unbuilt) room with the 6's moved to surround duty. Multichannel music and concert Blu-ray is the priority.

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
Thanks j. Good to know you liked the airmotiv tweeters. :)

I'm toying with the idea of a 6's for LCR short-term. Then 8's later on for LCR in a larger (unbuilt) room with the 6's moved to surround duty. Multichannel music and concert Blu-ray is the priority.
Sounds like a pretty good plan to me especially since the Stealth 6's are on closeout pricing. What are you waiting for? :)

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Here are some of my pics from the event.

XPR-1. Can't get over the size of that transformer.

Speaker demo

Me and Dan

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
So, if they're clearing out the Stealth 6, do they plan on replacing them with an update, or are they just dropping them from the line?

G

GIEGAR

Full Audioholic
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis