Emotiva Amp v. Rotel RMB-1095?

K

KevinF

Enthusiast
I saw that the Rotel 1095 was well reviewed here, and I've auditioned it and at a dealer and liked it. Has anybody had a chance to hear both the Rotel and the comparably priced Emotiva amp from AV123? If so, how would they compare (putting aside the fact that the Emotiva has 2 more channels)?

Thanks.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
KEvin;

My review of the MPS-1 should be out by next week. Stay tuned. The Rotel is a more powerful amp, but also less efficient and as you pointed out has 2 less channels. Both are great amps in their own regard so you must decide which one is more appropriate for your application.

K

KevinF

Enthusiast
gene said:
KEvin;

My review of the MPS-1 should be out by next week. Stay tuned. The Rotel is a more powerful amp, but also less efficient and as you pointed out has 2 less channels. Both are great amps in their own regard so you must decide which one is more appropriate for your application.
Thanks for the quick response! I'll look for the review. I think they are both rated at 200 watts per channel, so I guess I'll take that to mean that the Rotel is more true to (or exceeds) its rating.

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
gene said:
KEvin;

Gene, my question would be if both amps have enough horse power to drive Kevins speakers, would there be an audible difference? My guess is no, but you're the expert.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis