Emotiva A-300 purchase!

Walsh1

Walsh1

Junior Audioholic
So I just bought a "Factory Renewed" Emotiva A-300 two channel amplifier. It was $338 versus the $419 they charge for a new one.

I run 5.1.2 and currently my two surrounds are being ran by my Marantz SR5012 which is apparently 100w x 2. The rest of my speakers are running off of the Outlaw model 5000.

Having the new Emotiva 2 channel amp sets me up for a pre-pro down the road. I should probably just keep it in storage until then, right? I mean, there probably wouldn't be any benefit to running it now when I have my AVR running my surrounds. Or would there be?

Attachments

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
If your receiver has preouts you wouldn't need to get a pre-pro. Is something wrong with the outlaws? If not, most likely you won't hear any difference with the emotiva. What exactly are you wanting to do with the emotiva?

Walsh1

Walsh1

Junior Audioholic
I'm not sure you understood my post entirely but no worries. I had never implied any problem exists with my Outlaw model 5000. The Emotiva is not meant to replace the Outlaw because it is not a 5 channel amplifier. It is however a two channel amplifier. I have seven total speakers. Only two are running off of the internal amps in my AVR.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
So you want a separate 2 channel setup with the emotiva? That makes more sense, lol.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd at least test it out before putting it in the closet if you don't want to just use it.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
So I just bought a "Factory Renewed" Emotiva A-300 two channel amplifier. It was $338 versus the $419 they charge for a new one.

I run 5.1.2 and currently my two surrounds are being ran by my Marantz SR5012 which is apparently 100w x 2. The rest of my speakers are running off of the Outlaw model 5000.

Having the new Emotiva 2 channel amp sets me up for a pre-pro down the road. I should probably just keep it in storage until then, right? I mean, there probably wouldn't be any benefit to running it now when I have my AVR running my surrounds. Or would there be?
use the heck out of it while it is under warranty

you don't want to find out a year from now that it had a problem, especially since it is already a refurb

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis