Emergency replacement receiver

M

matthew1074

Audiophyte
Bad timing as the spring season outdoor setup is getting close but my faithful onkyo tx-nr626 seems to be having a Bluetooth failure. I didn’t budget for a new receiver this year so I’m open to suggestions for new or used receivers but needs to be under the $500 mark.

I use this exclusively for my outdoor living space and need 2 zones and Bluetooth. I use zone 1 for music on the patio and around the pool and also for an outdoor movie projector for movie nights. I use 7 speakers and a powered subwoofer. Zone 2 I use for the tiki bar tv and gaming when I actually have time. 2 speakers on zone 2 seems sufficient. My current receiver won’t let Bluetooth play on zone 2 which I hate. I like to work from the bar in the summer and listen to music from my phone but don’t want to play it on all the speakers.
I also only have one hdmi out port on this receiver so I have to split to the projector and tv which I’d like to avoid. A zone 2 hdmi out would be nice.
The receiver stays in a fully sheltered area but will definitely deal with temperature and humidity fluctuations and that’s why I’ve never wanted to invest in anything too expensive because it’s going to take some abuse and get used a lot.
Any recommendations are appreciated.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Maybe this one? It’s a refurbished model. Has dual HDMI outputs and supports a zone 2.
YAMAHA TSR-7850R 7.2CH Dolby Atmos DTS Wi-Fi BT 4K Receiver, Black (Renewed) https://a.co/d/1OTGTm9

Have you considered installing cooling fans/dust filters/desiccant near the receiver since it is outdoors?

M

matthew1074

Audiophyte
Maybe this one? It’s a refurbished model. Has dual HDMI outputs and supports a zone 2.
YAMAHA TSR-7850R 7.2CH Dolby Atmos DTS Wi-Fi BT 4K Receiver, Black (Renewed) https://a.co/d/1OTGTm9

Have you considered installing cooling fans/dust filters/desiccant near the receiver since it is outdoors?
Cooling fans definitely the desiccant and filters I haven’t thought about but maybe worth looking into.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis