GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
My daughter loves Elvis Presley's music - I know, pretty odd for someone born in this century - and really enjoyed the recent biopic. I just ordered "Jailhouse Rock" and "Viva Las Vegas" on BD for a Xmas gift.

I remember when I was a kid, watching Elvis movies on TV late at night.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
My parents were more of the Elvis generation, but neither particularly cared for him. I remember the old corny movies too. Had some friends in my early adult years who covered quite a bit of his library with their band (and were quite good), and I own a set of Elvis 45 singles as my own extent of collecting Elvis media. I did recently watch Baz Luhrmann's Elvis movie and liked the view of Elvis and the colonel it provided.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Go-Nad! I've been a fan since I was a kid in the 1980s, so your daughter liking Elvis isn't odd. Plenty of young Elvis fans have YouTube channels, which is fantastic for his fan base. I loved the Elvis movie and saw it in theaters. I bought the 4K recently and will be rewatching it soon. Weird I just posted his first record Vinyl news thread, which is on sale on Amazon.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Oscar's this weekend! My money is Austin, but Brandon will probably win.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
My parents were more of the Elvis generation, but neither particularly cared for him. I remember the old corny movies too. Had some friends in my early adult years who covered quite a bit of his library with their band (and were quite good), and I own a set of Elvis 45 singles as my own extent of collecting Elvis media. I did recently watch Baz Luhrmann's Elvis movie and liked the view of Elvis and the colonel it provided.
I am of the Elvis generation, and like your parents, I didn't particularly care for him in my twenties. But now, I like a lot of what he did and actually, I have several of his CDs including the Peace in the Valley Gospel collection, and the 1968 Comeback Special Edition DVD.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis