electronic music lovers?

YourDhass

YourDhass

Audioholic Intern
theres just something really special about a well put together dj mix. what a journey.....

for the (probably) few here who are interested in electronic music, what are your favorite mixes?

"Structures" by John Digweed
"Pryda" by Eric Prydz
"The Grand" by Kaskade

ahhh i just love them. im interested in hearing some recommendations though. any opinions on Sasha's "Involv3r"? i was thinking of picking it up after seeing him play a set at the local venue. great performance.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I haven't listened to those trance and techno mixes for a long time. I did enjoy the Northern Exposure mixes from Sasha and John Digweed years ago, some great music and some great memories. An album which I always enjoyed which was mixed like a DJ set is L.S.G's Into Deep. That one is a classic. If you enjoy great classic trance sets, check out Steve Eagle's When Trance Was Good series, great stuff.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I listen to a lot of electronic music. I liked Involv3r. Sasha and John Digweed are still included on my list of my favorite djs and producers :)

J

JMJVK

Audioholic
I listen to quite a bit of it, though it's older stuff, note quite the "trance" type of stuff. Here's some of my top favorites in this segment. They can all be found on Youtube. Of course, though these tracks should really be listened to in an original lossless recording, preferably on a vinyl record.

Jean Michel Jarre: Oxygène and Equinoxe.
Kitaro: Silk Road I.

[video=youtube;m4WuMoOy_gc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4WuMoOy_gc&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Vangelis: Albedo 0.39, Bladerunner soundtrack

[video=youtube;JAwo7DPUFUM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAwo7DPUFUM&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I like Jarre and Kitaro, but I'm a big fan of Vangelis going way back to Chariots of Fire, I have almost everything he has released. One of my all time favs. Along these lines I like Tangerine Dream, Fricke Florian, Klaus Schulze, William Aura, and so on. The great early electronic music.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I like all sorts of stuff. The age or genre doesn't really matter to me. If it sounds good to me, then I like it :)

Some of my favorite labels today are tympanik audio, n5md, sending orbs, ant-zen, hymen, hands, kompakt, and ad noiseam.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I'm not big into trance or techno.

But, I do like house and trip-hop.

Try out some Mark Farina. He has 2 distinct styles, house and mushroom jazz.

Also, I really like St Germain, very jazzy uptempo house (and he is on Blue Note Record label).

For some killer bass, try DJ Krush!

I also like LTJ Bukem, either the Earth (house) series or the progression session series (kind of housy triphop).

For a more Drum and Base/Hip hop sound, I like Ming and FS.

For something a little more on the fringe/experimental, I like Prefuse73, Squarepusher, Autechre.

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
All that kind of music is best listened to in DJ sets, for me at least. DJ Krush has had some great mixes released on Ninjatune. I remember really liking the double disk face-off against Coldcut. LTJ Bukem has had some amazing mixes as well. If you can find them, check out the old Yaman sets from the early to mid 90s, the golden age of jungle, Bukem's Yaman mixes are just terrific.

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
4 Strings-Take Me Away (Into The Night)2009 remix album is at the top for me, nothing before or after even comes close.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis